PEAX Equipment

My first Montana Spring Bear hunt

Thanks Huntlife. I certainly will post pic's. Good luck with your new house.:)

Permethrin is your friend. I treat all my hunting clothes with it. Helps with all of the creepy crawlies.

Seems strange to me that ya'll have such a problem with Ticks up there. I woulda thought the cold would keep the down. At least you don't have chiggers up there.

What kind of weather can I expect in that area at the end of May? When I was in Big Sky in July there was still snow on the peaks in the shade. Day time temps where mid 60's to low 80's night time temps would dip into the 50's.

No Going to the Sun that early in the spring unfortunately.

Randy, good point I didnt think of that..
the weather can vary so much, especially in that area, I have been through there when it was 80 degrees, and also when it was 20 degrees and snowing in May. I would recommend checking the 2 week forcast and go from there. just remember to layer up and you can add or remove clothes as needed. I always pack for the worst weather that I can expect, and then there are never any suprises. Nothing worse that being so cold you can't hold the binos still to keep glassing!

Last edited:
First dont drive out here...I did and im still here ..that was 10 years ago !!!
Second my wife and I always get some ticks on us spring bear hunting ...and yes the hole family gets the willies when we talk about it.
I wish you the best of luck this spring on your hunt. Its a wonderful place.to be ..Montana !!
You should think of bear spray also ..you will be in prime Grizz country.
anyway best of luck to you .

MT.PERCHMAN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moko
Back