My 1000 lb. Christmas present

Lawnboy

barthorse.jpg

This is my new hunting partner. He's a 5 yr old Quarter horse Thoroughbred cross. I'm real excited to get him out in the hills. He was mostly broke doing mountain riding and should be the best horse I've ever owned. Can't wait to hit the hills this spring shed hunting and looking for bears. Hope you all had a great Christmas.

I know a good ortho doc. Not a question of "if" you will need him, but "when" you will need him. Hope you get many great years of safe rides.

Alrighty Then!!!! LB, I didn't know you were into Equines. Good Looking horse. I have an Appaloosa, TWH along with a TB Cross Mule and a Quarter Type Mule. When do ya wanna go? John

Yea John I'm a horse guy. As you have read Fin is not so much a horse guy thus no horses in episodes. Now that he knows I'm not much of a draw for TV viewership I'll have more time to hit the hills with my ponies;) Although if and when I draw the Utah Dutton tag I will be taking the horses and if he wants to film it he'll be putting them in the episode;):D

Nice looking hayburner; I used to have a QH mare which came off a ranch in MT and a beautiful bay colt off her, but I've outlived both of them. I still keep my saddle soaped and oiled just in case I get foolish and buy another.

You gotto be kidding me.All I got was all the kids and wifes bills for their presents.Guess I was on the naughty list;AGAIN

Very nice, Bart! Congrats. Many years ahead! Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Did you get rid of the knuckle head that likes to go down hill sliding on his back?

No my dad wants to go with that horse, so I said knock yourself out! I really think this guy will turn out to be great. He has a great start already. I'm sure the dead animals are going to be something new but that always takes some training. I'm going to hang a whitetail hide on the feeder in the next couple of days that should help him get used to some of it..

Last edited:
I don't know about nice but I was really annoying. I think my wife just wanted to shut me up. I used the old "the whole family can us it" excuse. I've tried that with boots and guns as well.:D He's my new "CrewCab"

Nice present Lawnboy ! Hope he wroks out for you. There's nothing like having a horse that you make the connection with. I had one once......and still miss him.
Remember on training you are training two horses, train both sides, = two brains. ;)

Now all you need is a couple of mules to drag along with your camp!
Mulepakr

Attachments

• Rears mower 072.jpg
    Rears mower 072.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 245
Congrats on the horse! I'll stick with my 1700 lb pony. LOL. I might stick 300 ponies under the cowl this winter though. I have an Arab that ill give away to someone that wants him. Packed a few lions and elk on him.

I really like my mules for their funny personalities. I bought Lucy this past year, she is 22 and has a ton more years on her and has seen it all. When I bought her she came with a real nice Cart and Harness. My wife who does not ride will drive Lucy and kids love riding in the cart, all that for $1500. Parades are a blast in it. I am building a Wagon for Parades this year. John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back