Yeti GOBOX Collection

MT M/G/S results this week?

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
I would expect moose, goat, and sheep bonus points to start being updated this week. The Commission had their June meeting on the 5th, which was nine days earlier than the meeting last year. The meeting last year was on June 14th and the bonus points started getting updated on the 18th, a mere four days later.

They use the June Commission meeting to adjust any quotas of the moose, goat, and sheep recommendations. Not long after that meeting is when the drawing is held.

Points usually start getting updated on a Thursday or Friday. Hopefully they follow the same schedule for this year and stop the agony of checking every day.

Not sure why I am anxious this year. Having max points, even when squared, does not give much benefit when most everyone else has max points. But, a sheep tag just seems to be in my plans this year. Better happen soon, as the only sheep apps left for me are MT and AZ.

Good luck to all of you.

Randy . . . . sit back and relax. It's a 50/50 chance . . . . you either got one or you didn't. :)

Any idea when/where they will post this years sheep quotas?

They are what is posted in the regs, with any exceptions being what gets changed at the Commission meeting. The only change at the Commission meeting was that Unit 304 was closed to sheep hunting this year, due to a die off.

Hopefully I can change my luck in this draw system of ours this season.... Thank god that we have alll the opportunities that we do in MT that even when we dont draw anything we still have tons of great opportunities.

They are what is posted in the regs, with any exceptions being what gets changed at the Commission meeting. The only change at the Commission meeting was that Unit 304 was closed to sheep hunting this year, due to a die off.

I haven't seen anything definitive, but I thought that the die off included UL 300, so I assumed there won't be a hunt there this year either, and perhaps for a few years, a bummer as I was starting to look into it.

Fin, don't get too excited this week, I applied for 304 and thus got a letter. I have until the 13th to change my app to another unit, so I sure hope that means they won't be drawing until after the 13th...:)

Is there a place we can see what changes the commission made? I had heard from a biologist that they were raising ewe tags way up in the unit I applied, so I'm most excited about that. If it is as the bio was telling me, it should be close to an 80% draw now.

Last edited:
Can only hope that the moose results get posted early!

Not that it matters, since I will have to forfeit that tag when I get the moose SuperTag, as well!!

I haven't seen anything definitive, but I thought that the die off included UL 300, so I assumed there won't be a hunt there this year either, and perhaps for a few years, a bummer as I was starting to look into it.

Fin, don't get too excited this week, I applied for 304 and thus got a letter. I have until the 13th to change my app to another unit, so I sure hope that means they won't be drawing until after the 13th...:)

They just listed in 304 in the public notice, so I'm thinking 300 may still be open. I'm going to take this as a sign that I should switch to 680 since it's basically a slam dunk to draw and we still have time to sign up for access2hunt before the draw next week.

Someone call Dilbert's computer technical support and get them up to Helea, on the double.

Can someone please fill me in on what CabinFever was talking about when he said die off? Im assuming animals just died off but for what reason.
And good luck to all that drew tags in advance.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back