Yeti GOBOX Collection

MT ELK, Changing it up?

The objective is 92,000 & some change. Greg Gianforte wants to kill about 35% of the elk in Montana as fast as possible while appealing to his donor base - the same dudes that sued to eliminate stream access, asked for ranching for wildlife, advocated test & slaughter of the Northern Yellowstone Elk Herd and have tried to kill major access programs.

Next likely will be around the Elkhorns & Spotted Dog, along the Front and down in the Paradise where PERC is actively campaigning for full-transferable licenses (Greg Gianforte is a major donor of PERC, btw).

Sounds like they're getting what they paid for.
We both know that this has nothing to do with the EMP "Objective" but the control of said "Objective".

We both know that this has nothing to do with the EMP "Objective" but the control of said "Objective".
"Objective" is only the private land owners tolerance of the population. Scientific "objective" where harvest is set to help prevent herd disease would be a totally different nunber.

Exactly.

Add in the 454 program love that is going on and the likelihood of HB 505 coming back in 2023, and this is just another swipe at handing wildlife over to those who would rule us, rather than work with us.

Oh bs. That’s a line of political crap. Fwp issues are not what most people vote on
That is true. However, "most people" voted for the version of Montana sought, espoused, and being brought to reality by Gov GG as a warped vision of the Last Best Place.

(About all I can say is, "Where the hell did the great state of Montana disappear to?!!)

That is true. However, "most people" voted for the version of Montana sought, espoused, and being brought to reality by Gov GG as a warped vision of the Last Best Place.

(About all I can say is, "Where the hell did the great state of Montana disappear to?!!)
Not in eastern mt, they were voting against defunding the police, people being able to choose which restroom they wanted to use, covid lockdowns, etc, etc. I voted for cooney for this reason right here but that’s not what “most” montanans cast their vote on.

Based on the 2021 Map
Does anyone have any info on what is being proposed for the other 6 units not listed in the press release? What Are they proposing in those?

Same guy and team that was pushing for 10 either sex elk licenses (and no permit needed) for anybody with 640 acres of land right? And I thought that was nutty. This is pretty wild stuff. Utah's nothing.

Usually about here i would add a smart ass comment but this has snowballed out of control and has become disheartning. Good luck fighting this guys but short of lighting the torches and full blown recall i dont see any give a shit for average hunter. Good luck, will help where/when i can as this is a fight for a american lifestyle!

This cant be good for the outfitters either, right? After all, 10 trespass fees of, say, $1k is better than whatever their share of the $10k outfitter's fee is. Outfitters are going to have trouble selling $10K hunts when the next property over sells trespass hunts to anyone and everyone willing to pay a trespass fee to shoot a bull elk and quality of animals plummets. This cant be what they want/wanted, right?

Hunt clubs, too. Even better.

This cant be good for the outfitters either, right? After all, 10 trespass fees of, say, $1k is better than whatever their share of the $10k outfitter's fee is. Outfitters are going to have trouble selling $10K hunts when the next property over sells trespass hunts to anyone and everyone willing to pay a trespass fee to shoot a bull elk and quality of animals plummets. This cant be what they want/wanted, right?

Hunt clubs, too. Even better.
Outfitters will have more opportunity for tags. They won’t be restricted to 10% of LE permits for non residents.

Outfitters will have more opportunity for tags. They won’t be restricted to 10% of LE permits for non residents.
I guess. It looks like there is no LE on private land, tho, right? Shoot a bull on private with your general tag. Am I reading this wrong? If so, I am for the sorries. If not, I stand by what I said, this proposal isnt good for outfitters, either, only landowners.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back