MT ELK, Changing it up?

Montana has to be about as crooked as it gets in terms of wildlife management benefitting certain landowners.

Kind of a shame and a little surprising considering all the public lands, do it yourself brands and personalities based out of the state. You would think some folks like those at Meateater could show up and flex some muscle in regards to this stuff.....

What a disaster in the making. I wounder how long it will be until some one starts to whine about not being able to go after elk that move on to a small bit of pubic.

Lol, a leisurely horseback ride will have them right back where they belong on private in no time.

And people thought access was tough now.

“We need to open up lines of communication with landowners”. I think that means we really just need to open our wallets
can we get something in the tax code, when us blue collar guys pay a fee, make it tax deductible,,,

Moved to MT several years ago from WA and was absolutely in awe in terms of the management and amazing hunting there. I was heartbroken to have to move back. Now I am saddened and sickened to see the direction the state is headed. Truly sad!!

Montana has to be about as crooked as it gets in terms of wildlife management benefitting certain landowners.

Kind of a shame and a little surprising considering all the public lands, do it yourself brands and personalities based out of the state. You would think some folks like those at Meateater could show up and flex some muscle in regards to this stuff.....
They are too busy trying to get some dumb slut‘s butt perfectly positioned in a product placement shot over a private land “harvest”.

Time to Citizens Initiative their ass.
Sayeth the well known troll... I say, Troll on! Combine forces with the Commie Lib Lamb and guide the way! Get it rolling quick though, I want to sign it!

/serious aside from the humored sig lines of current and past for the two of you.

.....and know you know what the EMP was actually created for....

The Outfitters will be correcting their prices shortly.....if not done already. This is a true win for the "other" side.
There’s going to be a lot of suckers who get taken for “trophy private land hunts” by outfitters trying to cash in while the getting is good.

Going to be a bunch of outfitters crying about being outbid by hunt clubs and needing more tags to stabilize their industry too.

Sayeth the well known troll... I say, Troll on! Combine forces with the Commie Lib Lamb and guide the way! Get it rolling quick though, I want to sign it!

/serious aside from the humored sig lines of current and past for the two of you.
✊✊✊

If the FWP wants to get at “inaccessible elk”why don’t they ask the next state legislature to pass laws allowing corner hopping. Oh wait that wouldn’t benefit the land owner plus they would have to deal with all the “damages” on their properties caused by people crossing corners

There’s going to be a lot of suckers who get taken for “trophy private land hunts” by outfitters trying to cash in while the getting is good.

Going to be a bunch of outfitters crying about being outbid by hunt clubs and needing more tags to stabilize their industry too.
The public land outfitter just got kicked to the curb. They are going to have two choices, continue to outfit on public and go out of business or move east and compete with the other outfitters and hunt clubs. I do not see this ending well for many outfitters.

Bright side! This could reduce the NR elk hunters in other parts of the state....as there will be less stripping off of the elk tags from the combos.

Bright side! Cough, cough...It will reduce the pressure on the public due to a 50% reduction allotted permits via the draw.

I can see this getting passed with ease as it is actually a brilliant plan. I sure as hell didn't see this coming.

Back