Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

MT archery elk - We're baaack!

We are sleeping in the hills, right next to the elk. There are 250 of them just over the property line. If they can sleep here, so can we. We didn't come prepared for this, but fortunately I shot a blue grouse today, and that's dinner. Troy is starving and freezing. I am fat and happy.

LOL! Good luck! Enjoying the updates!

We are sleeping in the hills, right next to the elk. There are 250 of them just over the property line. If they can sleep here, so can we. We didn't come prepared for this, but fortunately I shot a blue grouse today, and that's dinner. Troy is starving and freezing. I am fat and happy.

Your Crazy!!!!!!!!!! Call you survivor man or something.

I bet you guys are starting to smell like fresh roses. I guess when you start to smell like elk you dont have to worry about the wind. Ha Ha.

this whole thread has me feeling pretty content to hunt smaller bulls in the backcountry. geesh, i dont need a big bull badly enough i guess.

Rocky the bull you shot last year is as good as 99% of anything out that way.

I can't see Troy starving to death. I predict he hoofs it back to camp for more grub.:D Good luck with those elk Randy. Maybe try chumming with a can of corn or something.;)

Randy - Gpod Luck

I just got back from 9 days chasing elk in MT last week. HOT - HOT - HOT ! Not the best week to chase the Wapati!

I will be back next month.

Have a great hunt

Todd

How many people are going next week? Myself and 3 others are going in on Saturday. I hope the FAA has a controler and tower set up.:confused.

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! What a s*** show. Sounds like everyone will have a blast.

Agreed!!! Wow, put on my first full day hunt yesterday, just over 16 miles. Ran into a decent bull right around 300" or so but was the only bull i saw all day....... But I didn't see or hear another hunter either.........Which is worth it to me. Gonna stick to a single bull a day i guess till a big one shows up.

this whole thread has me feeling pretty content to hunt smaller bulls in the backcountry. geesh, i dont need a big bull badly enough i guess.

Sorry my mini battery crapped the bed, or I would post the entire story of yesterday. It is one for the ages, with the highlight being the number of big bulls we didn't get a shot at, topped with Troy's dinner being hijacked by a bear, then the extreme wind that made last night off the worst I have ever spent on the mountain.

Too much to error with my little smart phone. Heading to the high ground now, in hopes some stagger will limp by. Wish Troy had let me shoot that cow the other night. Anything legal is getting an arrow tonight. Anyone know if my bear tag is good forthis area right now? Troy wants revenge

Guess you'll have to fess up exactly where you are hunting for the bear info.:D good luck tonight! Look out for Mr.Buzz.Damn snakes ,I've had enough of them already while fishing,hence I've been uninterested in archery antelope so far.Oh yea,the smoke and ridiculous heat has also made for a lack of interest.

Anyone know if my bear tag is good forthis area right now? Troy wants revenge

• Sept 03 - Sept 14 – Either-sex Black Bear. Archery Only Season.

AND, just in case...
WMU 390 – South Central Montana
(Subunit 313/316 = deer/elk HDs 313 & 316)
General Wolf License.
Harvest Quota: 18 any legal wolf. Subquota in Subunit 313/316 = 3.
• Sep 03 - Sep 14 – Archery Only Season in Subunit 313/316.
• Sept 03 - Oct 16 – Archery Only Season except in Subunit 313/316.
• Sep 15 - Dec 31 – General Season in Subunit 313/316.
• Oct 22 - Dec 31 – General Season except in Subunit 313/316.

Funny about the bear. I was just thinking about too. I remember wingman saying that there were a number of them in there and last year I had that bear walk right up on me while I was taking a break. That got my blood pumping at 20 yards.
Can't wait to hear the stories or better yet see some footage.

Funny about the bear. I was just thinking about too. I remember wingman saying that there were a number of them in there and last year I had that bear walk right up on me while I was taking a break. That got my blood pumping at 20 yards.
Can't wait to hear the stories or better yet see some footage.

Can't say I did not warn you. LOL :p:)
Where was the yeti?

Last edited:
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back