MT. Antelope Hunt

Nemont

On Friday morning I got a call from a friend whose 72 year old father (Bill) had an antelope tag. They had a limited time to hunt as his dad also drew a breaks bull tag. So I loaded up 2 of my kids and headed out to meet them at noon.

We found a small bunch of antelope but there was no way to sneak up on them. I knew they were headed to a wheat field that they have been feeding in. We headed over to a CRP field where we would cut them off. We parked and took off walking. After about 1/2 mile we peeked over the ridge and there were the antelop about 250 yards away. One shot and Bill had filled his tag. I hope when I am 72 I am still roaming the hills.

Bill and his trophy
PA200217.jpg

It was a team effort. Here is Bill and his granddaughter on the left and his son on the right
PA200218.jpg

Bill, his grand daughter and my two kids

PA200216.jpg

Nemont

Nemont

That's cool. Good to see the whole family along. Thanks for the pics, Nemont.

Oak

Great story and pics......

My dad turned 73 a couple days back, and he sure don't look it......he quit hunting years ago, kinda wish I could get him back into it before he is gone.....would be great to share a hunt with him....

Find a good water hole to set up by, or a funnel type trail, or something like that. I have a friend who was in Pearl Harbor when the japs hit it, he still hunts.

Ah man, what a great pic & story. 3 generations, that's what it's all about. Especially like the patriarch's hat...looks like he's swatted a few cattle with it...right handed too.

Thanks Nemont.

Great Pics, I would just like to see more orange in the pics, even on private ground my kids would be wearing orange, too many idiots out there this days.

jerrym said:
Great Pics, I would just like to see more orange in the pics, even on private ground my kids would be wearing orange, too many idiots out there this days.

Jerry,
They had orange on but took it off for the pics. I wouldn't let my kids walk ten feet on a hunt without orange.

Nemont

I hope I'm alive at 70, let alone chasing critters! Congrats to you and the successful hunter.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moko
Back