Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

MR Metcalf Review

Official. Being sold standard w/o the Daypack Lid. Thanks guys.

Headed to SLC this morning for WHCE, if you're at the show please swing in and say hello.

Mark

Stopped by the booth today and put my hands on the Metcalf. I really liked it, and am definitely considering ordering one. Not sure what the kids name that helped me, but he went out of his way to go over all the packs with me. He was the smallest guy of the MR crew working the booth. Good stuff for sure!

I've got one on order, anxiously waiting.....just heard from MR last week they are doing away with the pocketed waist belt....replacing with an add on it sounds like.

Finally some good news out of Montana.;)

Give the Republican legislators time and they'll introduce a bill to make it permit only for the bag without the lid. They'll authorize 10,000 setasides for NR, to use in the wilderness areas with an outfitter:D

Give the Republican legislators time and they'll introduce a bill to make it permit only for the bag without the lid. They'll authorize 10,000 setasides for NR, to use in the wilderness areas with an outfitter:D

That's all fine and dandy but good luck to him because he won't be crossing my airspace to come pick it up. :D

That's all fine and dandy but good luck to him because he won't be crossing my airspace to come pick it up. :D

I'll corner hop all the way to Bozotown, and then take it to the Supreme Court:hump:

Got a chance at the SLC expo to play with the Metcalf and wow...pretty slick. They had one fully expanded and another fully compressed with a rifle/tripod attached and talk about super cool. I'm sold! This will be my 3rd MR pack...keep up the great work guys!

I have a MR NICE frame, 6500 bag lid AND a Crew Cab... Shipped to your door for $500 for the whole package. Toss in this new light weight bag and you'll be set for the rest of your life.

What are the initial thoughts on this pack? What is the day limit for it 7 or 10 days? Could I stuff enough gear inside and out for a 10 day hunt?

I'm comparing the weight of the Metcalf to my 6500 and thinking I would like to loose the 2.5 pounds.

Im still saving my pennies for an MR pack. I will have one of those someday. They are a little pricey but from what ive seen and read, worth every penny.

What are the initial thoughts on this pack? What is the day limit for it 7 or 10 days? Could I stuff enough gear inside and out for a 10 day hunt?

I'm comparing the weight of the Metcalf to my 6500 and thinking I would like to loose the 2.5 pounds.

I would think this pack would be good for 1-7 days, depending on time of year and amount of gear being brought.

I loaded my metcalf up with gear for a typical 3 day hunt (including food and water) and had plenty of room, so the only real changes I would make for 7 days is possibly an extra pair of socks and food/fuel.

P1060707.JPG

P1060710.JPG

Ron

Back