MR Metcalf Review

That looks very well thought out. I'll have to take a closer look when I'm in Bozeman next time - might be a good addition to the NICE frame.

I like the versatility of top-loading Internal frame / crew-cab type integration.

I wish they sold it without the lid. I don't want to purchase something I already have.:(

I wish they sold it without the lid. I don't want to purchase something I already have.:(

I was thinking the same thing. I think Seacat said something about being able to buy it without the lid? Maybe if you call them.

I was thinking the same thing. I think Seacat said something about being able to buy it without the lid? Maybe if you call them.

He did say that. If they don't offer it without the lid then that's nuts. We buy those add on features to use on the different packs we own (crew cab etc..) I sure hope they reconsider.

Bummer. I knew I had seen it.

Metcalf bag, and NICE Lid w/o frame run $289... and I believe for those of you that have Daypack Lids already, we'll be selling the bag on it's own for $199. I used the bag on it's own for most trips, but the 5 day and 7 day backcountry hunts I did for Elk/Mule Deer this fall, I carried the Daypack Lid.

I just looked back as well. They've got to rethink that for sure. If you're going to go that route then I guess you have to buy a new nice frame :rolleyes: Hopefully it's just a misunderstanding.

I just looked back as well. They've got to rethink that for sure. If you're going to go that route then I guess you have to buy a new nice frame :rolleyes: Hopefully it's just a misunderstanding.

Not a misunderstanding. They just confirmed a bit ago on Facebook that it will only be available with the lid.

I am surprised. I figured they would work with us. If they sold without the lid, I would pick it up right now. I won't buy the pack as a package....silly.

I already have 2: orange and foliage. I guess I could buy a multicam Metcalf.

I've already got one in Multicam and was considering adding a coyote metcalf, I'm hoping they reconsider this.

Come on MR this has to be one of the dumbest things I've seen:mad: Like I mentioned earlier why not tack on the fact that we need to buy the nice frame as well:rolleyes: For a company that fabricates all sorts of attachments and doo dads for their packs and don't offer a bag that could come minus said doo dads that we've already paid for is sort of criminal IMO. I Expected better of them.:confused:

I was in the land of Boz on Thursday. I spent my lunch time over at schnees looking at the stone glacier solo then went over to mr. They had a metcalf to play around with. I drive back to billings more confused than ever : (.

It's not a "Chevy vs ford" question.......it's a Porsche vs Ferrari question. The good thing is you can't go wrong with either one. The trouble is you can't go wrong with either one. That's how awesome they both are.

I was in the land of Boz on Thursday. I spent my lunch time over at schnees looking at the stone glacier solo then went over to mr. They had a metcalf to play around with. I drive back to billings more confused than ever : (.

It's not a "Chevy vs ford" question.......it's a Porsche vs Ferrari question. The good thing is you can't go wrong with either one. The trouble is you can't go wrong with either one. That's how awesome they both are.

This sounds like the reports I'm getting from the show in Reno right now. Seems the only thing swinging opinion is whether or not you already have the NICE frame and want an extra lid. ;)

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back