MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Moving in a year. Reno vs Colorado Springs vs Denver suburbs

The existential threat to hunting an access in Montana is certainly not driven by liberal politics.

I am with Buzz, I’ll pick where I retire based on recreational opportunity and won’t give two shits about the political identity.

To each their own though, we all have to make our priorities.
So at least two of you won't be coming here. Win, Win. mtmuley

Right, so who gives a shit about the flavor of the local politics? Comes down to opportunity for me.
opportunity created unfortunately by politics though these days though so technically, your decision to live and stay in Wyoming indirectly involves factoring in local politics. maybe not who the hell they voted for president but maybe its more like who they are voting at the local level to hopefully represent your hunting positive views

So at least two of you won't be coming here. Win, Win. mtmuley
Every year to take advantage of the Montana native OTC nr license, along with every R tag in Wyoming and head out of country for a few months a year.

Win-Win-Win...

Stay in your lane.

opportunity created unfortunately by politics though these days though so technically, your decision to live and stay in Wyoming indirectly involves factoring in local politics. maybe not who the hell they voted for president but maybe its more like who they are voting at the local level to hopefully represent your hunting positive views
Opportunity created by abundant wildlife and low population.

opportunity created unfortunately by politics
Might want to crack the cover on a book about California politics and Wildlife going back the last century.

It’s absolutely more complicated than you’re giving it credit for and you will probably be surprised about how things got they way they are, it has everything to do with industry, water, exploitation, poor regulation and above all growth.

R v. D is an asterisk

Last edited:
Every year to take advantage of the Montana native OTC nr license, along with every R tag in Wyoming and head out of country for a few months a year.

Win-Win-Win...

Stay in your lane.
I'm in the lane. You gubmint boys have it made.. mtmuley

If you live in Golden, COS, anywhere in between it is obnoxious to drive to the better parts of the state. I 70 from anywhere around Denver to the high country is sometimes closed, often stop-go, always busy. US 285 through Bailey and over Kenosha to South Park, just as bad. Retired people can time their trips but those highways always have commuters, semis, RVs. From COS you have Hwy 24 which sucks for @ least the 1st hour. Both Denver and COS have grown fast for years. COS is the only politically red city and county on the Front Range, about as red as Mesa County/Grand Junction. GJ is a much better outdoor hub than any Front Range city, has decent medical services, an airport that links to Phoenix and Salt Lake City as well as Denver. Sure, your vote will only be counted if it is R in Mesa county. No place is perfect.

With all the new transplants we are getting, Reno is VERY rapidly changing to the point that the infrastructure is having a hard time keeping up.
The homeless/druggie community has also sharply risen. There are still nice parts of the valley.
Check out the Carson/Dayton area as suggested, along with Gardnerville.
There is one plus to Reno, SHEEP SHOW!
Used to have the Rocky Mountain Elk Rendezvous too but I think that moved down to Vegas?

Can't speak to Colorado as I've only been there a couple times.

Back