Moving in a year. Reno vs Colorado Springs vs Denver suburbs

I couldn't care less about politics when it comes to places to live.

If Wyoming was the most liberal place in the U.S. I'd still live here for the hunting. Same way that its the most conservative, don't really care, I live here for the outdoors.

Its hard for me to believe that people actually use conservative/liberal as a litmus test for living somewhere.

Probably about last on my list of importance, right up there with the color of the street lamps.
Politics matter to me.

I was editor of the school paper and on the speech and debate teams. Differences of opinions were nurtured while opinions and facts were sorted out. Ignorance thrives in extremism. I have voted in every election from school board to President since 1979. I have seen the sausage made.

Mark Twain said a lie can get half way around the world before the truth can tie its shoes. The level of misinformation combined with our inability to stop Russia, China, N. Korea and Iran from using social media platforms to pollute our populace is disgusting. Extremism is nurtured. Families split and friendships crumbled. The 2008 Presidential election cycle combined with the rise of Social Media seem to create splits that just do not heal with time.

My vote is for Reno, but I’ve been researching the heck out of Northern Nevada for my upcoming move and I beyond excited for my move.

Politics matter to me.

I was editor of the school paper and on the speech and debate teams. Differences of opinions were nurtured while opinions and facts were sorted out. Ignorance thrives in extremism. I have voted in every election from school board to President since 1979. I have seen the sausage made.

Mark Twain said a lie can get half way around the world before the truth can tie its shoes. The level of misinformation combined with our inability to stop Russia, China, N. Korea and Iran from using social media platforms to pollute our populace is disgusting. Extremism is nurtured. Families split and friendships crumbled. The 2008 Presidential election cycle combined with the rise of Social Media seem to create splits that just do not heal with time.
That social media thing, you don't escape it no matter where you live. Politics changes on whims...I wouldn't unpack many boxes wherever you pick.

Good luck with that.

Hopefully you find your Mayberry...

That social media thing, you don't escape it no matter where you live. Politics changes on whims...I wouldn't unpack many boxes wherever you pick.

Good luck with that.

Hopefully you find your Mayberry...
there are some considerations that I think maybe you are a bit to quick to put out your quite blunt comments about it not mattering. for example, would you really not consider politics if lets say your wife wanted to move to new york city? or California? Pretty sure politics have an impact on your number one priority it seems - hunting.

there are some considerations that I think maybe you are a bit to quick to put out your quite blunt comments about it not mattering. for example, would you really not consider politics if lets say your wife wanted to move to new york city? or California? Pretty sure politics have an impact on your number one priority it seems - hunting.
If the elk, mule deer, and pronghorn hunting were better in either place I would have been there last week.

Like I said there's one reason I live where I do and politics isn't it.

If the elk, mule deer, and pronghorn hunting were better in either place I would have been there last week.

Like I said there's one reason I live where I do and politics isn't it.
insert California politics overnight to Wyoming. Within 2 years, they ban all bear hunting (not just griz), wolf, coyote and mountain lion hunting. They prevent hunting within 100 miles of yellowstone national park so visiters can "view more animals". are you moving?

insert California politics overnight to Wyoming. Within 2 years, they ban all bear hunting (not just griz), wolf, coyote and mountain lion hunting. They prevent hunting within 100 miles of yellowstone national park so visiters can "view more animals". are you moving?
No, I rarely hunt within 100 miles of Yellowstone.

California still allows elk, deer, pronghorn, and bear hunting too, BTW. No 100 mile buffer around any national parks either that I'm aware of.

Insert all the California politics you want, don't care.

Politics matter to me.

Let me tell you about a very conservative place called Rock Springs… It might be the hidden gem you’re looking for.

Politics matter to me.

I'm new here, and don't know you, and honestly can't tell from your posts in this thread if you're conservative or liberal. I was leaning conservative, until you said you liked Boulder....

If you're conservative = Reno or Colorado Springs
If you're liberal = Basically anywhere else in urban Colorado

Seeth, to put it another way.

If I had the same hunting opportunities in California as I do Wyoming I would move there.

Weather is so much better than Wyoming, access to the coast, etc.

I wouldn't care if I had to live next door to Nancy Pelosi and have her and Paul over for elk steak dinner once a month.

Hunting, fishing, is way more important to me than politics.

Seeth, to put it another way.

If I had the same hunting opportunities in California as I do Wyoming I would move there.

Weather is so much better than Wyoming, access to the coast, etc.

I wouldn't care if I had to live next door to Nancy Pelosi and have her and Paul over for elk steak dinner once a month.

Hunting, fishing, is way more important to me than politics.
I totally get that and couldn't agree with you more. The point I was trying to make is just that California has amazing wildlife but due to politics, its not as accessible to everyone like it is in Wyoming. Thus your reason for living there. Hell, fricken Montana is on a path there to be just like California. I know you have noticed that too because many topics involving wildlife issues in Montana has you making comments about how it sure is nice that you live in Wyoming rather than Montana.

So...if I had to choice between California or even between Montana and Wyoming, all with great numbers of wildlife and beautiful places to explore, I'm without a doubt choosing Wyoming as the opportunities to actually hunt and fish that wildlife is best in Wyoming and likely to remain that way (for at least a while) compared to the other two. Sadly politics are heavy in wildlife decisions...it sucks but it just is.

I totally get that and couldn't agree with you more. The point I was trying to make is just that California has amazing wildlife but due to politics, its not as accessible to everyone like it is in Wyoming. Thus your reason for living there. Hell, fricken Montana is on a path there to be just like California. I know you have noticed that too because many topics involving wildlife issues in Montana has you making comments about how it sure is nice that you live in Wyoming rather than Montana.

So...if I had to choice between California or even between Montana and Wyoming, all with great numbers of wildlife and beautiful places to explore, I'm without a doubt choosing Wyoming as the opportunities to actually hunt and fish that wildlife is best in Wyoming and likely to remain that way (for at least a while) compared to the other two. Sadly politics are heavy in wildlife decisions...it sucks but it just is.
BFD, you're going to have to deal with both sides of the aisle in regard to wildlife.

Montana wildlife management is a train wreck, I'll let you decide which political party is responsible for that.

The reason California has fewer opportunities is because of how many people live there, and how few live in Wyoming is why we have so much more.

You think I live in Wyoming for the culture, weather, diversity, awesome restaurants, etc?

You think it's fun shoveling snow in June?

Hell, fricken Montana is on a path there to be just like California.
The existential threat to hunting an access in Montana is certainly not driven by liberal politics.

I am with Buzz, I’ll pick where I retire based on recreational opportunity and won’t give two shits about the political identity.

To each their own though, we all have to make our priorities.

BFD, you're going to have to deal with both sides of the aisle in regard to wildlife.

Montana wildlife management is a train wreck, I'll let you decide which political party is responsible for that.
that is a very interesting point. California, wildlife politics and recreational hunting and shooting opportunity ruined by one side of the aisle whereas in Montana is wreaking at a fast rate by the exact other side of the aisle.

that is a very interesting point. California, wildlife politics and recreational hunting and shooting opportunity ruined by one side of the aisle whereas in Montana is wreaking at a fast rate by the exact other side of the aisle.
Right, so who gives a shit about the flavor of the local politics? Comes down to opportunity for me.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back