Mountain Lions...Post 'em!

Wow, great pictures you guys. I leave in the morning for my first lion hunt and as if I needed anything else to keep me from actually falling asleep tonight, but had to come see the pictures again. We will be going to an area that my dad is going to use his almost 2 decades of pref pts in this upcoming year for elk, glad I get a chance to try to take a big Tom out of the equation. :)

Wow, great pictures you guys. I leave in the morning for my first lion hunt and as if I needed anything else to keep me from actually falling asleep tonight, but had to come see the pictures again. We will be going to an area that my dad is going to use his almost 2 decades of pref pts in this upcoming year for elk, glad I get a chance to try to take a big Tom out of the equation. :)

Good luck. Post up some pics after your hunt.

Thanks everyone for sharing. For me, I am afraid getting a lion is only a bucket list dream..

Called this cat in and shot him with a .223 WSSM and Barnes TSX bullets.

PC060465.jpg

SS,

How well does calling work for them?

I've called one in while using a cow call (for elk), but would a guy have a reasonable chance of killing a lion by going out and trying to call one in? Or would it just be luck?

SS,

How well does calling work for them?

I've called one in while using a cow call (for elk), but would a guy have a reasonable chance of killing a lion by going out and trying to call one in? Or would it just be luck?

I'm a firm believer in that fact that you make your own luck.

I think you have to have a cat in hearing range. If you can find those places that cats move through on a regular basis then that's half the battle. Working the area systematically after you find those locations might very well make you a lucky hunter. I've called in quite a few cats. I don't think your going to find lions in the same places you'd look for a coyote, but you never know. The one certain thing I know about calling cats or anything for that matter, is your not going to get one to come in to your couch.

I'm a firm believer in that fact that you make your own luck.

I think you have to have a cat in hearing range. If you can find those places that cats move through on a regular basis then that's half the battle. Working the area systematically after you find those locations might very well make you a lucky hunter. I've called in quite a few cats. I don't think your going to find lions in the same places you'd look for a coyote, but you never know. The one certain thing I know about calling cats or anything for that matter, is your not going to get one to come in to your couch.
I disagree. My couch is occupied by a 'cougar' nightly! :D :hump:

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back