Caribou Gear Tarp

mountain house shelf life

Paisano

I've read mountain house rates their shelf life at 30 years....I just realized I have some that are 5 or 6 years old. Anyone had any issues with taste etc. once they get a little age on them?...

Thanks!

I never eat one thinking "I really enjoyed that.". Ive had some that old and never thought them to be off. Try eating 10 year old MRES...

I've read mountain house rates their shelf life at 30 years....I just realized I have some that are 5 or 6 years old. Anyone had any issues with taste etc. once they get a little age on them?...

Thanks!

Dried food sealed... Will compete with the remainder of my life expectancy...

With MH they either have a self life of 0 if you're talking about when it stops tasting "good" or a infinite shelf life if you're talking about when it stops being edible.

I've tried the subsistence paks & find their palatability to be in direct proportion to the quality of the hunt...and that's usually on me.

30 years? Wow. We always pitched them after the printed date expired. Live and learn.

I had some spaghetti from about 1995 that I tried last year. It was probably edible as the few bites I had did not cause any negative effects. It had definitely deteriorated in taste and texture.

The older they get, the more they taste like cardboard. But you'll live

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back