More opinions

Elect a clown, expect a circus and that's exactly what we get every day.

This is just more reality T.V. for the clown-in-chief.

This is sure to be a real winner for the R's in the mid-terms. Squandered away and they all let it happen without even a whimper, but did lick those boots to a high shine.

The one thing I'm thankful for is that all my Grandparents didn't live long enough to see this shit show. They wouldn't recognize what we've become.

No argument from me and I voted for that dipshiit.
 
Making an execution public will not be good for the country. I don't really know what to think about the death penalty. Good points on both side of that issue.
 
I feel that the punishment should equal the crime. The shooter didn't call out the tv crews so the executioners shouldn't either. The thief should loose same as the victim. The rapist or molester should suffer an extreme surgical punishment, as well as hard labor incarceration. Labor, minimal food comfort and a dark cell.
 
For the 10th of October id of thought more of you guys would be in the mountains?
I'm mr mom for the weekend. Wife is working. Kinda hard to hunt and take care of a 4 mo old.
 
Last edited:
I actually thought this might get shutdown fairly quickly. I'm really glad it's continuing without the sometimes personal cheap shots. I for one am learning more about human thoughts on capital punishment.
This is why I haven’t shut it down yet.
We are doing pretty well staying on topic. Although not a popular topic among some, but a very large event going on in the United States. So let’s keep going the way we are and I’ll keep it running.
 
You're persistent I'll give you that.

If a prosecutor fabricated or withheld evidence to create a predetermined outcome of their choice, I agree with you.

If all of the available evidence was followed and a jury made the decision of guilty, then the prosecutor did nothing criminal.
Read this, and weep. Nonfiction.
1791672076140.png

Innocent people are often grist for the mill of closing cases at any cost. If you have the grotesque misfortune to face wrongful conviction, this argument turns inside out.

AI Overview





  • Exonerations Count: At least 203 people have been exonerated and freed from death row in the United States since 1973, according to the Death Penalty Information Center.

  • Estimated Innocence Rate: Peer-reviewed research published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences estimates that at least 4.1% of all defendants sentenced to death in the U.S. are innocent.
    National Institutes of Health (NIH) | (.gov) +1

    • The "Forgotten" Majority: Many innocent people sentenced to death have their sentences reduced to life imprisonment rather than being formally exonerated, meaning most innocent defendants stay in prison without a formal clearance.
      The Guardian +1
    • Ratio: For roughly every 8.2 people executed in the United States since the modern death penalty was reinstated, 1 person has been exonerated from death row.
      Death Penalty Information Center +1
    • Leading Causes:
      Wrongful capital convictions are heavily driven by official misconduct (found in about 70.5% of exonerations) and false accusations or perjury (about 65%), while DNA evidence is present in only a small fraction of cases.
 
Read this, and weep. Nonfiction.
View attachment 419086

Innocent people are often grist for the mill of closing cases at any cost. If you have the grotesque misfortune to face wrongful conviction, this argument turns inside out.

AI Overview





  • Exonerations Count: At least 203 people have been exonerated and freed from death row in the United States since 1973, according to the Death Penalty Information Center.

  • Estimated Innocence Rate: Peer-reviewed research published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences estimates that at least 4.1% of all defendants sentenced to death in the U.S. are innocent.
    National Institutes of Health (NIH) | (.gov) +1

    • The "Forgotten" Majority: Many innocent people sentenced to death have their sentences reduced to life imprisonment rather than being formally exonerated, meaning most innocent defendants stay in prison without a formal clearance.
      The Guardian +1
    • Ratio: For roughly every 8.2 people executed in the United States since the modern death penalty was reinstated, 1 person has been exonerated from death row.
      Death Penalty Information Center +1
    • Leading Causes:
      Wrongful capital convictions are heavily driven by official misconduct (found in about 70.5% of exonerations) and false accusations or perjury (about 65%), while DNA evidence is present in only a small fraction of cases.
I'd like to be able to tell you that I'll read it but I can't because I won't. I'm ok with not being right and/or having an unpopular opinion. That's all it is, an opinion. I didn't expect to change anyone's by expressing mine, just felt like jumping in.
 
I'm in favor overall of the death penalty. If they actually go ahead and televise it I hope they keep the actual bullet impact off camera. It's not a hunting show.
 
I'd like to be able to tell you that I'll read it but I can't because I won't. I'm ok with not being right and/or having an unpopular opinion. That's all it is, an opinion. I didn't expect to change anyone's by expressing mine, just felt like jumping in.
No biggie. I posted this for those who care about justice and abhor it's miscarriage.
 
I was just talking with my wife about all of this and about the damage done to an animal. She reminded me that she worked in the ER and has seen stuff you can't even describe. She said watching a person lay there barely breathing with half a head blown off from an attempted suicide ain't pretty.
 
Where do you draw the line? Should we have to pay for monsters for the rest of their natural lines? Is that American? Should be potentially imprison innocent people for life rather than put put them to death?

I think as a society we have become so "tolerant" it is now our downfall.
I draw the line in that it’s not okay to execute an innocent person. Collateral damage in capital punishment is not acceptable IMO. I am not a fan of it anyway, because due process ends when the life is ended. Our justice system is not perfect, and there have been too many folks exonerated years down the line.
 
Back
Top