Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

More garbage MT bills - HB281 E-bikes aren't motorbikes

It is great to see this bill probably dead.

The e-bike issue will be back though. In fact in a lot of venues it hasn't left. Whether it be how different federal agencies view them, how state agencies view them, how communities and cities view them, and how conservation orgs holding title to different chunks of earth view them.

Something that has taken me by surprise is the amount of support ebikes receive from traditional mountain bikers. I am active on a lot of mountain biking forums, if only to better understand that group. On some forums, any criticism of ebikes is dismissed quickly in the same vein as Ted Nugent and crossbow hunting - "How dare you take away from the disabled and elderly!" An analogy used is accoustic (traditional pedal bike) vs electric (ebike). They refer to those who only ride traditional as "unplugged".

Weird subculture, but I suppose so are hunters.

Something that has taken me by surprise is the amount of support ebikes receive from traditional mountain bikers. I am active on a lot of mountain biking forums, if only to better understand that group. On some forums, any criticism of ebikes is dismissed quickly in the same vein as Ted Nugent and crossbow hunting - "How dare you take away from the disabled and elderly!" An analogy used is accoustic (traditional pedal bike) vs electric (ebike). They refer to those who only ride traditional as "unplugged".

Inb this day & age, you have to wonder how many of those supporters are real people, and how many are troll farmers or bots.

No kidding. I mean who doesn’t appreciate the genius of Mark Knopfler
and other “plugged in” musicians? It really is just an issue of aesthetics isn’t it?😏
I prefer trails limited to “non-combustion motivation” for my elk hunting, even though I use “combustion motivation” allowed roads to get to the gate.

In all seriousness, the crux of most of the controversy surrounding what is allowed or not, IMO, is a lack of understanding of how much exploitation the resource can handle without serious degradation to the resource itself.
God forbid that my age, or level of fitness, or willingness to exert or suffer should limit my access to the resource to less than those who are willing to overcome the physical barriers of distance and difficulty to access the wildlife that depend on those barriers to survive the level of predation that occurs with easy access.

I think I agree with meaning and grammatical analysis ... but awaiting comment from Harley.
Harley would summarize this with about three words. We would have to look up two of those words to understand their meaning, but we would all nod our heads in agreement even if it was just out of fear of appearing ignorant.

“Nobody deserves an elk. Earn it like everyone else. Your want doesn’t justify making it easier.”

You have found me out, I’m actually an AI on a server in the basement of MIT.... secrets out...

The Manchurian turned, Manexcelian Candidate for Hunt Forums. What's impressive... this Wllm character actually has hunt and backcountry photos to pretend he's legit!
I mean, come on! How the hell can a human actually post an average of 5 x's a day and enjoy such amazing outdoor experiences this AI Bot has shared here?
Harley's five syllable word with the Hunt Talk crowd's response achieving a single two syllable use of "using" in response...

1dYwvZbr831zzCADKmvO-p6Kb1KK9-p-sjUV-SM3ElKRuLMVhjd_s_5dmy2PnQ58rIX868ezpvA2HIw9Lh_g2GIkLCHVMsZRV0B-fSLedeq3_svZ2scoFQ

Good to see it died. Drew my dream elk tag this year and starting to plan my hunt. Hoping I don't hike miles back only to run into people on the Ebikes blowing out the elk. OnX says trails are open to hike, bike, and horses.

The Manchurian turned, Manexcelian Candidate for Hunt Forums. What's impressive... this Wllm character actually has hunt and backcountry photos to pretend he's legit!
I mean, come on! How the hell can a human actually post an average of 5 x's a day and enjoy such amazing outdoor experiences this AI Bot has shared here?
Harley's five syllable word with the Hunt Talk crowd's response achieving a single two syllable use of "using" in response...

1dYwvZbr831zzCADKmvO-p6Kb1KK9-p-sjUV-SM3ElKRuLMVhjd_s_5dmy2PnQ58rIX868ezpvA2HIw9Lh_g2GIkLCHVMsZRV0B-fSLedeq3_svZ2scoFQ
Phonetically Inconthievable....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back