PEAX Equipment

SB 497 - Attack on Stream Access

Hey everyone, I called Steve Fitzpatrick's (the sponsor of HB 497) Law firm Becuase both of his phone numbers voicemails were full. Please call his law firm as well to let them know that you oppose SB 497. Remember to be polite.

His lawfirm's name and phone number are: Browning, Kaleczyc, Berry & Hoven, P.C. (406) 585-0888 .
Steve's law firm office email is: [email protected]

Please call them and add his office email to your email list and keep the emails and calls coming.

I don't know if that is appropriate - calling representatives' personal places of business. He's got an email associated with his role as a legislator.

[email protected]

Hey everyone, I called Steve Fitzpatrick's (the sponsor of HB 497) Law firm Becuase both of his phone numbers voicemails were full. Please call his law firm as well to let them know that you oppose SB 497. Remember to be polite.

His lawfirm's name and phone number are: Browning, Kaleczyc, Berry & Hoven, P.C. (406) 585-0888 .
Steve's law firm office email is: [email protected]

Please call them and add his office email to your email list and keep the emails and calls coming
Probably not a professional move to be contacting him outside or the legislature. You can also have a message delivered through the captal to him by calling 406) 444-4800.

I bet Montana was so much better back in the days that supporting, promoting or sponsoring legislation like this would be a threat to a persons physical safety, when in public.

It should either get back to that or take the stuff fetishizing vigilantism off the side of the highway patrol cars.
imagine if there was any sort of penalty for wasting tax payer time on bad legislation. Oh you wasted two full days on a a bill that failed, too bad we are going to need your pay and per diem back.

imagine if there was any sort of penalty for wasting tax payer time on bad legislation. Oh you wasted two full days on a a bill that failed, too bad we are going to need your pay and per diem back.
I couldn’t agree more, Tone, but I predict that this session will see the same sleazy tactic we saw in the last one—bills that fail getting pasted into other bills just before the end. I hope I’m wrong, and I’ll buy you all beers at the Evaro Bar if I am—but I expect to be having a grim drink alone at the end of the session there.

Personal attacks are counter productive and highly likely to produce the opposite effect.

Please act like adults.
I'm not sure contacting Fitzpatrick through his law firm (because he's making himself unavailable at the legislature) constitutes a "personal attack" ... as long as the message is "professional" and not threatening. I do think it might be counterproductive. Look at the clients and cases that firm specializes in: malpractice defence, overturning environmental regulation, etc. A flood of negative public response to these bills would likely be confirmation that Fitzpatrick is doing the job his firm's clients have paid for. Clearly, looking at the partners' case history, they must be used to negative reaction from the public. It's how they make their money.

Is it just me or do others think our great governor has something to do with this? If I recall correctly, he is not a fan of our stream access law.

Is this for calls that they’ve taken? I would imagine even more emails were sent.
I am not an expert, but I would guess it is from the centralized Montana Legislature phone line and comment site: https://leg.mt.gov/web-messaging/

The following is the link: https://leg.mt.gov/bills/2023/reports/
See the bottom item: 1677717247488.png

I doubt direct e-mails or phone calls are captured in this dataset, so it is likely very understated (other than probably the "For" and "Against" ratios).

For any Republican legislators and or staff that lurks here to get the feel for how their proposals are being received, bills like this that harm the interests of the majority of their constituents for the benefit of a few are the only reason why I will vote for a Democrat at election time.

Time and again the party that claims “conservative” as their label advances legislation like this that is fundamentally against conservative principles and neighborly behavior.

Why do you hate the interests of the majority of your constituents so much?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back