Caribou Gear Tarp

Montana Wolf - The waiting is over!

Awesome story! Wolf or not, I can't wait to see the episode next year. Thanks for sharing and helping all of us to visualize it as if we were there with you!

Heard a report of some wolves almost within view of my front porch. Left the office early to do some glassing. Damned snow storm made it a waste of time.

Lawnboy, have you heard about a pack one drainage west of your new house?

A friend was archery hunting whitetails in November and saw them. The landowner claims they have been there for a long time. Might have to change my plans.

On another note the production company has told me to keep scouting for wolves. They have blocked out a camera guy for a week following New Years. Looks like this first go round was only half-time. The third and fourth quarters will be played after New Years.

Gonna keep scouting for them. Not sure what I am going to do if while scouting for the TV show, I find one and realize I don't have a camera with me.

Really, I do know what I will do - Bang, Flop! :D

I hope so randy. Good luck on what's got to be a very hard hunt to film...Hope both
Montana and Idaho meet the quota's..

Thats awesome you got someone lined out.........I'm going back to west montana today, gonna go check out a couple spots there tomorrow for tracks and such.

If you need another dead weight to drag along, I'm game:)

Fin, PM me if you need another option. I've seen and heard wolves in another area just outside of town that I'm fairly confident doesn't get hunted for wolves. There's also a pretty kitty that may want to make itself seen. Not very much public land, but it would be worth a look if you don't have luck elsewhere.

:D

Just got my internet back after 2 days of it being off. 3 years ago I cut 6 tracks in the canyon just east of me. Since then I have seen tracks through out the 2 drainages. My theory is that is why we have been seeing more elk down in the valley the last few years. Especially across the front both east and west of me. Thanks for the heads up though. I do know a guy who has land to the west where you are talking and I'll see if he will let me go up and look for some wolves. I can't hunt deer up there but I'm thinking he won't care if I try for a wolf.

Heard a report of some wolves almost within view of my front porch. Left the office early to do some glassing. Damned snow storm made it a waste of time.

A friend was archery hunting whitetails in November and saw them. The landowner claims they have been there for a long time. Might have to change my plans.

On another note the production company has told me to keep scouting for wolves. They have blocked out a camera guy for a week following New Years. Looks like this first go round was only half-time. The third and fourth quarters will be played after New Years.

Gonna keep scouting for them. Not sure what I am going to do if while scouting for the TV show, I find one and realize I don't have a camera with me.

Fin,
Sounds like with LB's connection with the landowner, Critters voice and eyes. Your connection with porduction co. We may get to see a wolf kill on camera next year.. Good luck guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does Montana limit you to one tag?

Yea they only have one tag each. But in fins case i'm sure while scouting and one decides to go fllip flop there will be a camera catching a little action.

OK, guys. We are getting close to the second half of our wolf hunt. Critter and I will be out scouting and some hunting tomorrow. Mostly scouting, as I am the camera guy, which is a big production risk if we do get the chance to shoot at something. We had planned to go yesterday, but Fin's liver decided it didn't want to go, so that got called off.

Now, for the promised prize of this hunt.

Howa has a line of Snowking rifle that are built specifically for predator hunitng in the snow. Well, could be for any hunting in the snow. I have one in a .308. Just got it all dialed in and will be using it for the second half of the wolf hunt.

Here is a link to the page on their site where you can learn more about them.

HOWA SNOWKING link <----- click here, or here ----> http://legacysports.com/products/howa_snowcamo.html

As the sponsor of this wolf hunt, they are going to give away one of these Snowking camo rifle package to one of you guys. Yup, so long as you are not a felon and can get approval at an FFL dealer, the rifle of choice will be yours.

If you want to order one, that is easy also. Go to a Howa dealer and tell them. They have to order them through the Bill Hicks Company, which any Howa dealer knows about.

Now you are asking yoursel, "How do I qualif?"

That is the easy part. You have to do two things:

First - Go to the HOWA CATALOG REQUEST PAGE and request one of their 2012 catalogs.

HOWA CATALOG REQUEST PAGE <----- click here, or here ----> http://www.legacysports.com/catalog/cat_order.html

Second - When you request the catalog, you go to the line that says, "How did you hear about us" and answer On Your Own Adventures (TV).

See the screen shot sample below.

Legacy.jpg

If you don't put On Your Own Adventures in the answer, you are NOT in the drawing.

So, there it is. No purchase necessary. You only play if you want to. Someone will be the lucky winner of this rifle. I suspect we will draw this rifle in February or March.

And I hope I can show you just what kind of medicine it is for wolves.

Very cool! Looking forward to seeing the wolf hunt!!

Thanks to Howa for the opportunity and to Fin for being the best forum/show host.

Back