Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Montana Toad...

Ok I just had to revisit this thread again to get another peek. And I'm still saying Holy Smokes that is a Beast. You've totally got to get it. This is justification for leaving work and family for a month until you get it.

Roger that. I've got just a few days left of work, then heading out wednesday to get dialed in for next saturday's opener. Man, I can hardly sleep...I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas...

I just got a text from a friend of mine at DEQ in Helena, with a picture of this bull in the back of a F&G truck outside the headquarters. I'll upload it here in a bit.
He heard poached, but no other word.
At least they caught the guy right away, It'll be interesting to get a score on it.

Just phucking with ya Whip, Good luck.

Randy, ya friggin' azzwipe...ya got me. I read that and my heart just sank. Then I scrolled down. Hey buddy, I owe ya one.

Haha! Randy!
Initially, I was thinking... "no shnit?... Great, another $50 fine, slap on the wrist crap article to come..." Figured something was askew with the blank area below... scrolled and got a good chuckle first thing in the morning. - Thanks for the laugh. :)

Meant to ask whip, How far were you when you snapped those pics? Looks like he was turning to catch the wind? I was amazed at another pic of a bull and how far the person was... simply curious.

Last edited:
That was kind of a dick move, sorry about that.
Tag envy is a serious disorder...

I think the funnies part about this whole thread is... that bull didn't get big/old by being stupid, reguardless of what unit he lives in. ;)

I hope you can put an arrow in him Whip! Thats an awesome bull.

I've been in on some growlers in the area, but not found Mondo yet, though a chiropractor pard of mine has seen him and I've got his general bedding area on the radar screen. The experience has been truly awesome though as, with unlimited time, I've really learned the area and the patterns well and had the luxury to spend some time behind the glass and watching the big picture unfold. I've also met some really generous locals who have schooled me on how it all plays out here. Tomorrow I'm going deeper and higher into the country where the big boys are to check it out. It should be a good bit of kick azz fun, so I'll be back in a few days to let you know what's up.

That's awesome that he's still out there.
Had that bull not existed, would you be tagged out by now?

Good to know the game is still on. Just make sure you slay him and post the pictures before some tragedy happens.

No, I would not be tagged out. I'll be honest, I've hunted with pards a lot over the years and this time I'm solo...it makes a big difference and that, along with shooting a recurve, make for a challenging hunt. I wouldn't want it any other way though. It's gonna happen...will it be Mondo? Don't know...I was on a big boy today, but I didn't get a look at him...he kept hanging up at 60 yards which, in the lodgepole, might as well be a mile. Tomorrow's another day to dance...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskeyRiver
Back