PEAX Equipment

Montana Rifle Elk Permit Question

HalfAce

Anybody know why there haven’t been any Bull permits issued to non-residents (non landowner) for unit seven hundred in 2018 and 2019?

Do resident landowners get first crack at the 25 non-resi tags?

Am I SOL trying to draw that tag for the foreseeable future?

They don’t give any tags to Non Residents for that unit. You’re better off trying to get a January hay stack hunt.

Been trying to draw that for a long time. Guess that dream is over. Bummer.

Thanks guys.

Maybe give the archery tag a try. I think you would have a decent chance to draw that if you really want to hunt that unit in particular

21 Non residents drew the rifle tag in 2019. I think 2018 was the year they screwed up and send all archery tag holders rifle tags on accident.

Randy, I was looking at the 2019 detailed bonus point stats, and I was seeing zero NR 700-20 tags issued. (Not counting the 2 tags issued to nonresident landowners). Adding up all of the tags there came out to 250 issued tags, the actual quota.

Now that you mentioned 21 NR tags, I took a look at the separate 2019 elk permit draw stats and I see the 21 tags you’re talking about. That one says a total of 273 tags were issued, so 23 more then the quota.

Not sure which one is correct anymore I’ll make a call to the FWP. Thank you for pointing that out.

Randy, I was looking at the 2019 detailed bonus point stats, and I was seeing zero NR 700-20 tags issued. (Not counting the 2 tags issued to nonresident landowners). Adding up all of the tags there came out to 250 issued tags, the actual quota.

Now that you mentioned 21 NR tags, I took a look at the separate 2019 elk permit draw stats and I see the 21 tags you’re talking about. That one says a total of 273 tags were issued, so 23 more then the quota.

Not sure which one is correct anymore I’ll make a call to the FWP. Thank you for pointing that out.

Gotcha, yeah I only looked at the permit stats, not the detailed ones. Something is definitely off.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back