Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Montana on the Upswing?

“Not the buck I was looking for but was lucky to take this old warrior on his way downhill”. Or something like that

They either drug him a long ways or hit him with the ol subaru for how much hair he’s missing on his shoulder
Now for the technical part, I shoot a 6.5 creedmoor with 143 grain ballistic tips going 2900 FPS and a 2018 Subaru going 70 mph. During drought years the deer flock to the roads to eat green up. The Subaru kills cleanly with little to no meat damage. However it can mess the hide up a little. It’s a great system.

Look here guys, turns out these guys have all the answers...

Change that last one from elk to deer and what's not to love?

One thing people might want to consider in their comments (if they feel this way), is that it is okay for a young kid to shoot a small buck. I wouldn't want some kid's excitement to be dashed by the shaming of his first deer.

Otherwise, I totally agree with letting the small ones go.

Honestly, I don't care what a person shoots if it's legal. I put the onus on the wildlife department to make good decisions in setting license numbers, season dates, etc.
Easy to say when you live in a state that manages.

Honestly, I don't care what a person shoots if it's legal. I put the onus on the wildlife department to make good decisions in setting license numbers, season dates, etc.
Not much for license number setting when every Legal resident can grab a tag and hunt for like 14 weeks straight

Not much for license number setting when every Legal resident can grab a tag and hunt for like 14 weeks straight
We're owed those 14 weeks. It's a tradition, especially for those that came from CA.

On a serious note, it was horrible this year in SE. Worst in 20 years and it's going to get worse as the deer go into winter is piss poor condition. Won't even apply for a tag next year. Maybe just buy as many doe tags as I can and have a little campfire with em.
Sad.

We're owed those 14 weeks. It's a tradition, especially for those that came from CA.

On a serious note, it was horrible this year in SE. Worst in 20 years and it's going to get worse as the deer go into winter is piss poor condition. Won't even apply for a tag next year. Maybe just buy as many doe tags as I can and have a little campfire with em.
Sad.
No way. Fill those doe tags. Better to kill them before Mother Nature does

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back