Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Montana on the Upswing?

Laker is spot on with everything thing he had said IMO. Moving back to SD and cant wait to leave the shitshow that is eastern MT hunting and management.

Easy to say when you live in a state that manages.
Not much for license number setting when every Legal resident can grab a tag and hunt for like 14 weeks straight
That’s my point. You’ll have better luck moving the FWP on season structure and license numbers than you will convincing Joe Whackem to not fill that B license FWP gave him, or shoot that forkhorn the Friday after turkey day. I can’t really criticize Joe for either one. He’s playing within the rules that FWP set.

That’s my point. You’ll have better luck moving the FWP on season structure and license numbers than you will convincing Joe Whackem to not fill that B license FWP gave him, or shoot that forkhorn the Friday after turkey day. I can’t really criticize Joe for either one. He’s playing within the rules that FWP set.
Completely agree. I also recognize fwp’s appetite for any meaningful change for the better is zero.

I saw a write up a guy did on trophy bucks and bulls of MT today in regards to mule deer management. I was honestly surprised that comments were overwhelmingly in favor of changing things for better management. Not all ideas made sense but it was much better than I expected when I opened it.

I saw a write up a guy did on trophy bucks and bulls of MT today in regards to mule deer management. I was honestly surprised that comments were overwhelmingly in favor of changing things for better management. Not all ideas made sense but it was much better than I expected when I opened it.
I’m honestly hearing more chatter about it this last couple months than I have heard in 5 years out in public.

Spending some time in Eastern MT this past season it seems even many of the locals think the deer situation needs a change. At least some of them I talked to anyways.
What gets me is why doesn’t Montana have a separate quota per region or even unit within the region with regards to General deer. Break it down even further as a Resident/Non resident quota if needs be.
Montana has some great country and habitat in many areas and with a little management some quality deer.

Spending some time in Eastern MT this past season it seems even many of the locals think the deer situation needs a change. At least some of them I talked to anyways.
What gets me is why doesn’t Montana have a separate quota per region or even unit within the region with regards to General deer. Break it down even further as a Resident/Non resident quota if needs be.
Montana has some great country and habitat in many areas and with a little management some quality deer.

Montana thinks our regulations are already to complicated and want to simplify them. No chance that we get to managing by districts although that would be great. And how dare you suggest resident tags go on a quota system. How am I going to guarantee myself a thanksgiving slammer if I’m not guaranteed a tag? That’s my birthright

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back