Montana LE units

mixedbag

I'll probably put in for one,and wanted to know, if you draw,can you still hunt general areas.Chances are I'd never draw but who knows.Think I'll try for a LE archery hunt where my odds are a little better.
See alot of guys on here from Montana so excuse any dumb questions I may ask as this is my first trip to your state.I'd like to meet up with any one of you guys while I'm out there this Sept

Yeah, you can hunt anywhere even after drawing a limited tag. However, if you draw a limited mule deer tag (for bucks) you're stuck hunting that unit.

To further clarify what mdunc8 said. If you draw a mule deer permit "for bucks" you are limited to that district for mule deer. You can still hunt whitetails anywhere but if you kill a whitetail you can't shoot a mule deer.

With a LE elk permit you can hunt general areas and the LE you drew. Bag limit is still one elk.

Elk permits and deer permits are seperate applications as I'm sure you are well aware of.

Thanks, I was mainly concerned with LE elk permits,but I might as well go for a LE deer unit as well

Back