Montana Elk Proposals with Director Hank Worsech

Interesting to hear Tabor say that they can't just wait, that they have to make decisions.
At the same time, that doesn't mean they should just make decisions just to make them. There should be a better understanding of the decisions and different groups being heard.

Did Worsech really just say this is the first time hunters have come together with solutions rather than throwing stones? I think solutions have been discussed before.

I appreciate and respect Commissioner Waller again bringing up mistrust between the public and how these proposals have been brought about by FWP.
Likewise. I don't think people support 1st and 2nd choice though. I was under the impression that most comments are strongly for 1st and only choice and split 50:50 on the "pick your district" proposal.

Hank is doing “get the conversation going” thing again. They specifically told him not to do that.

I’m pretty sure he just said the FWP biologists don’t understand his plan as well. I bet they don’t because it is non-sense.

I hope the commissioners take a confidence vote tomorrow.

Holy crap...."The resource will sustain ANYTHING we throw at it"....really Hank?
I agree with that because all of "the resource" will be on private ranches, who we have to admit have done a better job at managing the resource than FWP.

"Our management is working" (we have an abundance of elk)

"when you remove the biologists from the discussion, you remove the community from the discussion"

"Just remember we are the most successful fish and wildlife management program in the nation in my opinion and our success should not be undermined to address a smaller set of problems" ..."we live and die by grassroots"

- Commissioner Byorth

A couple good points amongst others that Byorth made. Good on him for speaking up.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back