PEAX Equipment

Montana Deer Alternates List

So you drew in the top 200s without preference?
My friend's boy got #97 without preference. Does that mean what I think it means? Or is there another list for preference that goes first? overthinking...

My friend's boy got #97 without preference. Does that mean what I think it means? Or is there another list for preference that goes first? overthinking...

Means that less than 97 guys that god turned down for a deer combo in the draw put in for alternate list

Both me and my hunting partner applied for deer combos and were denied in the regular draw and were 800+ on the alternates list

Just got off the phone with FWP and it turns out that they abolished the preference system for previously unsuccessful applicants and all people on the list were on the exact same playing field. The woman in the licensing division believed it was partially because of the big game combo goof up but seems to think the change may be permanent. Also stated that no one has updated the regs or the website regarding these facts

Just got off the phone with FWP and it turns out that they abolished the preference system for previously unsuccessful applicants and all people on the list were on the exact same playing field. The woman in the licensing division believed it was partially because of the big game combo goof up but seems to think the change may be permanent. Also stated that no one has updated the regs or the website regarding these facts
Ok - tough Luck I guess sorry to hear that . Never know maybe there’ll be lots returned

So how does the list work? Does your number remain the same throughout or does it change as people ahead of you get licenses? How do you know if you are getting closer to getting a license?

Your number will go down as licenses are issued

Has anyone on here ever received a tag via the alternates list ? What’s the process ? Do they email , or call you or does it somehow alert you on your MYFWP page ? Just curious thanks

I have some trips coming up late summer early fall where I may not be in service for a few days just wondering what kinda timeline they give and what not

Ok thanks . That seems old school , figured there would be a way to do it online on your MYFWP page

Yeah I got one once. A letter showed up about this time of year and I said F it and sent them a check. Was a few years ago before they sold out in 11 seconds like they do now.
Alternates list tags aren’t first come first serve . I was number 150 something and The guy on phone told me 350 had already been returned

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back