Caribou Gear

Montana Big 3 Results Posted

LOOKS LIKE I WON'T BE GETTING MINE BACK !!!

Errrrr.. thats cuz I never sent it in
wink.gif

BUMMER guys !!

2 unsuccessfuls on mine also...
That sucks, well, I suppose next year will be in order with baited breath again.
Thanks MT..

LOL Rocky..
My wife and I went into the REI in Missoula right after it opened, and you could pick every type of stereotype meadow muffin out....
The well dressed skinny guy with the tightly shaven goatee and receding hair line, the couple in the corner with sack cloth cloths and dreadlocks. The Indian wanna bees, the middle to older age women with plain sack cloth type dresses that you know liked each other more than should be appropriate in public. There were a number more, but I haven't been back in the place since, I just don't like the feeling that permeates such a snake den!!!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Elkchaser, sounds like you really got a sampling of the local culture. I am a little surprised you didnt see the smelly dredhead and his she-dredhead and baby-dredhead with the unwashed raggy clothes who walk out to their $40k SUV.

And what about the UM frat boys, they love REI.

I always feel kind of wierd going into REI to buy gear for hunting or camping, talk about way in the wrong crowd.

HAHAHAHA!!!You guy's..
The dreadlock couple sounds like a couple that was in the store when we were there, but they didn't have any urchins with them..
I don't buy any thing from REI...They believe in the wrong ethics about life...
I do go in though to see what kind of new technologies are comming down the turn pike since it seems they alway's come into this store first..
A little story about the one I used to frequent over in Washington..
I was in the store looking at the tents and a couple asked a clerk a question...
She quickly answers and then looks around at the rest of us in the immediate area and states, that was an easy one, anybody got some thing harder...
I pipe up immediatly and ask where the camoflage was....
She gave me the funniest look and muttered some thing about not having any in the store, I think she was just so baffled by such a question that any one would even think of wearing camo...
I wish I would have had a camera at the time to see such a smug selfrightous look turn into some thing of dumfounded dismay so quickly....LMAO!!!
biggrin.gif

Instead of REI, you could go to Bob Ward's. I've been there once, and didn't care for it. I think I'll just stick to Big Bear and Scheel's for my stuff.

Hudge

Where are those?
I do like Sportsmans Wearhouse.
They seem like a Cabelas on a smaller slightly looser scale...
biggrin.gif

There is a Bob Wards in Bozeman Russ. I like Bob Wards, at least the last time I was there and Scheels is another great Big Boy Toy Store that I was in a few times in Billings. Now i go to Sportsman's Wharehouse in Idah Falls.

Yea, theres a Bob Wards in Missoula, Butte, and Helena to, but I only go in there any more to get just things I can't find in other places..

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back