PEAX Equipment

Montana and Tik Tok

If banning TikTok distracts them from figuring out more ways to screw the common DIY public land guy, then by all means carry on.
Plus if it was successful (which I don't see it being) then that's one less way for the flat-brimmed ear-tucking horn hunters to share their glory pics/vids with other people. From what I've read, there's plenty of people that wouldn't mind seeing less of that.

TikTok is the easy, low hanging fruit for the R's to pick to persuade the masses they are actually doing something substantive, even if it's just another culture-war exercise that is essentially empty in any meaningful way (as well as being unconstitutional). But nuvo-fascists rarely care about the constitution unless it happens to support what they believe in a given moment, then they are "constitutional champions." My question is, "if you're banning TikTok, what about Facebook, Parlor, Twitter, et al?"

"if you're banning TikTok, what about Facebook, Parlor, Twitter, et al?"
TikTok's parent company is China State owned via shares and a Chinese created platform to the extend they hold one of three board seats. They gain access to the information, per people's agreement to give information AND the contacts of those associated - of those who also agreed with the EULA (End User Licensing Agreement).
Again, a China surveillance balloon is at the juvenile level of identifying the threat China holds for intel gathering. This, along with many other significantly deeper app associations, aids their intent to send birthday wishes to TikTok users. ;)

TikTok's parent company is China State owned via shares and a Chinese created platform to the extend they hold one of three board seats. They gain access to the information, per people's agreement to give information AND the contacts of those associated - of those who also agreed with the EULA (End User Licensing Agreement).
Again, a China surveillance balloon is at the juvenile level of identifying the threat China holds for intel gathering. This, along with many other significantly deeper app associations, aids their intent to send birthday wishes to TikTok users. ;)
You really think the Chinese have more influence over the American electorate via TikTok than, say, the Russinas do via Facebook?

Hmmm...

You really think the Chinese have more influence over the American electorate via TikTok than, say, the Russinas do via Facebook?

Hmmm...

Surveillance of, and "influence" over, US voters isn't the same thing. Maybe they converge at some point, or otherwise occasionally intersect

"Fascism will come to America wrapped in a flag and carrying a bible"...

We're there.

Dangit Buzz, you've been listening to too many Biden speeches! That "F" word is getting worn out, and is inappropriately used in a way that's not intellectually honest.

Is it "fascist" for a government to secretly censor people on twitter, who have opinions that the government disagrees with?

When that whole twitter censorship allegations broke, my much more "liberal" friends first said, no, that never happened. Then when more allegations came out it was, well, it's not a 1A violation because twitter is private company they can do what they want. Then when it was established the government was involved, my friends' response was, well no one reads twitter anyway. Geez.

Then you have hearings in which one party demands that two reporters (both Democrats, self-described liberals at least one of whom voted for Biden) give up their sources? That's not ok, regardless of which "side" is demanding such info.

Curious as to how much it’s going to cost the taxpayer to defend this law in court before it inevitably gets ruled against?

Surveillance of, and "influence" over, US voters isn't the same thing. Maybe they converge at some point, or otherwise occasionally intersect
You really think the Chinese need "TikTok" to effectively surveil the US? Teenaged girls have that much vital information? I have a client who is the CEO of a Fortune 500 Co. Going back more than ten years ago, he's told me stories of waking up in the middle of the night to find the cursor on his computer moving around with files open. Yup, the Chinese. But it's also Russia, etc. And, of course, we do it too. There are far more effective ways to surveil than friggin TikTok. Sort of like trying to understand nuclear fission by taking a poll during the McDonalds breakfast hour...

Curious as to how much it’s going to cost the taxpayer to defend this law in court before it inevitably gets ruled against?

Maybe just as much as its costing Oregon to farm out the defense of the numerous lawsuits against the new proposed gun legislation. Those downtown Portland attorneys aren't cheap

Terrible song. Glad it's gone. But Kesha's later stuff is pretty good and she has some PIPES. Should have done country tho, her voice is perfect for the genre.

Maybe just as much as its costing Oregon to farm out the defense of the numerous lawsuits against the new proposed gun legislation. Those downtown Portland attorneys aren't cheap
I don’t pay taxes in Oregon so don’t really care. We’re supposed to be doing the whole small government small spending over here.

Terrible song. Glad it's gone. But Kesha's later stuff is pretty good and she has some PIPES. Should have done country tho, her voice is perfect for the genre.

I think she did a live duet of Wagon Wheel with Old Crow Medicine Show. Video is out there, she does ok. If there's anything I learned from the tiktok song, it's never brush your teeth with a bottle of Jack

I don’t pay taxes in Oregon so don’t really care. We’re supposed to be doing the whole small government small spending over here.

Then you missed my point, which was a state enacting bone headed legislation that's likely unconstitutional, knowing as much, and the state citizens having to pay for it.

Then you missed my point, which was a state enacting bone headed legislation that's likely unconstitutional, knowing as much, and the state citizens having to pay for it.
I saw the point, but sounded like a “whaddaboutism” to me, and in a state where I have zero ties.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back