Montana 2019 Spring Bear Season

MT.PERCHMAN

If anybody followed our hunt last Spring it was full of ups and downs to say the least . This year will bring challenges I'm sure . There will be three of us on the hunt for a Bear this year ! My son is ready to give it a try .
We have some spots in mind and will be looking them over very soon. The Snow here is Slowly going away.
The wife is using her 300 ultra this year . My son has his eye on my 45/70 , that's exciting ! My choice this spring is a new build with all used parts , a 338 Edge with some 300 gr. Bergers . They are first up for the Bears , if I get a chance well great . I will do my best to update as our hunt unfolds this year . Who else is headed out for a Spring Bear !

This year... I've watched my pep talk and taken it to heart. A Black Bear will drop.

Will enjoy following your 2019 hunt, Perchman and family!

Good luck to all this season. Lots of snow out there still but i'm sure the bears will be moving around soon. My main goal is for my wife to connect and she's more determined then ever. A couple misses and close calls these past few seasons has her ready to roll. For me if it happens it's gonna happen with a stick and string spot and stalk. Rifle is in the truck unless a no brainer comes out then the rules might change;)(y)

Getting fired up as the snow melts...Hoping things melt enough to get back into deeper haunts. All this late snow down here in SW Montana may make things tough till June!

Headed up to the libby area may 10th thru 17th for my first bear hunt. Things should get interesting. lol. Have no idea what i'm doing.

I'm hearing the Grizzlies are out in full force Guys . Just keep that in mind as you hike around !
Oh and another note those pesky little critters called Tick's are out too ! I pulled a big fat one off my neck Saturday out shooting .

I'm hearing the Grizzlies are out in full force Guys . Just keep that in mind as you hike around !
Oh and another note those pesky little critters called Tick's are out too ! I pulled a big fat one off my neck Saturday out shooting .
I've heard the same thing through the grapevine. Came across some big bear tracks hiking this last weekend in grizz country

March 26th around 1000 am there was a grizzly on Salmon Lake just south of Seeley. It was on the west side checking the bank for something to eat. He headed south toward the game range. Through the spotting scope he looked like he already has started to rub. Last week saw a herd of Elk of off Boy Scout road NW of Seeley. The snow is going near the town but there is lots still up high according to the Jocko snotel site and more forecasted in the next few days above 5000 ft.

Dan

I already told my family im packing Bear Spray and my 10 mm. Hopefully it evens out the odds some . We will be in prime Grizzly area hunting for Blackie's !!
I tracked the one in my avatar...thinking now that wasn't to Smart.

I'm getting antsy! This will be my first time heading out for spring bear. The area I hunted in the fall has melted quite a bit and the bear sightings seem to be taking off. Anybody else heading out for the opener? From all my research I realize it's often better to wait until a little later but any excuse to hike around with my rifle is enough for me to get out.

I'm going to get out as much as I'm able, but spring is crazy. 2 of my kids play baseball, so it seems we do nothing this time of year but work and get kids to school, games and/or practice. I'm sure ill get out a few Saturdays, but that will be about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back