Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

MOGA s new plan

MTELKHUNTER

Jerry Davis

To'Joelle Selk'
'Adam Barker'
'Al Kelly'
14 More...

FYI - I am sure you have all heard the scuttle butt that MOGA is going to ask that the HD NR Archery season be broken into 3 separate 2 week seasons. It sounds as if they are trying to find a way around the statute that only allows a maximum of 10% of draw permits to go to NRs as I assume they are asking for a maximum of 10% of the total draw for each of the proposed 2 week NR seasons. Increasing NR permits is the only reason I see for such a proposal.

I think we need to let FWP and the commission know that if this is truly a proposal it will be unacceptable

Anything MOGA is involved with should be looked at very carefully. This very well could lead to split seasons for all of us. Do we want to go down that road?

Lets not confuse MOGA with outfitters in general and label all outfitters as associated with this group. This is only a single organization that represents many outfitters. Not all outfitters are MOGA members or involved much with the leadership.

This is news to me...and just to make certain that I was not out of the loop I contacted Mac Minard and it's news to him as well..... It is an idea thrown out a long time ago, but was viewed as being untenable....but when it was discussed residents were not subject to the splitting of the seasons, only non-residents...as a way to limit their time afield and impact on crowding.

Eric, thanks for following up. It's difficult enough to hash out the legitimate issues, let alone the ones which are falsely based rumors. 'Hope your info is accurate.

when it was discussed residents were not subject to the splitting of the seasons, only non-residents
I believe that was clear, however the concern is that once the NRs' season is split then the Rs are next to be shoved onto the shorter split separate season toboggan-down-the-slippery-slope of season setting.

straight...eventually we will be having "limited permits", just like every other state, however that should be many years down the road..
IF we begin to manage wildlife, and hunters "pro-actively"...permits can be pro-longed....or will we sit by idlely and wait until it is to late and have to be "re-actionary" in management strategies?

straight...eventually we will be having "limited permits", just like every other state, however that should be many years down the road..
IF we begin to manage wildlife, and hunters "pro-actively"...permits can be pro-longed....or will we sit by idlely and wait until it is to late and have to be "re-actionary" in management strategies?

That's what we have for the Breaks. You must mean statewide?

i do mean statewide...for all big game.

I would rather find solutions and some common ground, and work to protect the resource.

"I would rather find solutions and some common ground, and work to protect the resource." Congratulations Eric. First I have heard that from an outfitter for a very long time. Wise indeed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back