Militia takes over wildlife refuge headquarters

Last I read a few hours ago from a site that was giving a number of updates, the Sheriff had spoken to Bundy about leaving, Bundy declined; the other patriot group showed up and offered assistance, Bundy wanted them to leave, so they left the area and said they were setting up a perimeter; Bundy's group had commandeered the federal vehicles and were driving around in them and they made a sign, "Harney County Resource Center" that was hung over the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge sign; no utilities had been cut at that time.

harney-county-resource-centera.jpg

Thanks, Hunting Wife. I did a bid for some enviros on a State Trust Land lease and lost notwithstanding our high bid. The Board had discretion and said the rancher would do more long term good for the community. I just don't remember much about BLM but you jogged my foggy memory. :)

That is a complicated one. First, a lot of those parcels are landlocked. I think in a lot of cases that's why these guys are the only ones getting the lease.
Not sure if that is the case. IIRC, Bundy has very little deeded land.

Not sure if that is the case. IIRC, Bundy has very little deeded land.

I hear about land locked BLM on here (Hunt Talk) in Montana and Wyoming where folks can't access our public land; but I think generally you are right. Most deeded land was homesteaded bottom land (the best stuff) in 160 acre parcels, some pieced together into bigger ranches, but generally the deeded stuff is land locked by BLM in Nevada, Idaho, Colorado. Not sure about other states. My place is land locked by BLM for miles to the next deeded land. Personally, I love it. So far BLM has been an excellent neighbor, knock on wood.

Because of people like mike21, it should be mandatory to post the town you live in and a selfie for your avatar. I'd be willing to bet he wouldn't be so quick with the comebacks then.
Columbia Falls Montana, and send me your personal contact info and we can accomadate the reset of your request? Still waiting.......

I'd like to put you and JC in the back seat of a police cruiser and have you repeat that to him.
Chit there might not be room for me and that FF in the back of a police cruiser. I will repeat that to that dope anytime anywhere, he is the one who brought up snacks. Shouldn't throw stones from an in defensible position and then expect for your retarded comments to go unchecked.

No, they haven't. They let them go back and forth to town for supplies, food, water, etc. They've done nothing. Spineless leadership in DC.

Are you calling for another Ruby Ridge and Waco? Honestly this is the smartest move D.C has made in 8 years. Let the guys fizzle out and be forgotten, they do not represent the Hammonds or the proper way to protest.

If you had a relative in the FBI would you want them to risk their lives for this dopey crew?

Are you calling for another Ruby Ridge and Waco? Honestly this is the smartest move D.C has made in 8 years. Let the guys fizzle out and be forgotten, they do not represent the Hammonds or the proper way to protest.

If you had a relative in the FBI would you want them to risk their lives for this dopey crew?

Did I say I am calling for that? Nope. FBI friends risk their lives every day and I don't have a lot of concern as to who would come out ahead if it ever came down these ass clowns thinking they could take on the FBI and other trained folks I consider my friends. The Bundy's and their band of followers have a lot of cowards among them, who if it came down to it, would piss down their legs when the fertilizer hit the ventilator.

Chit there might not be room for me and that FF in the back of a police cruiser. I will repeat that to that dope anytime anywhere, he is the one who brought up snacks. Shouldn't throw stones from an in defensible position and then expect for your retarded comments to go unchecked.

Now, to your interaction here after only 10 posts. Not sure where you come from with those comments, but if you continue with this kind of interaction with people on this forum, you can pack your keyboard and head elsewhere. If you have ideas and information that is helpful to discussion on a public land hunting forum, it will be welcomed and I look forward to your interaction.

For you to do what you have done to a guy who has been through what Cushman has, puts you on the wrong side of the owner. I'm not going to have someone operate as you have in these posts directed at Cushman, no matter who your target is, but especially when you target a guy who has given as much to this country and our freedoms as Cushman has. Just a fact of hanging out here. Not how we treat our veterans and others who have given so much for our country. My policy and how I moderate the place.

So either accept that and interact in a positive manner by contributing something helpful to the threads on hunting, or take it elsewhere. As others can attest, I have no use for it.

Thanks for that Randy. I had a long reply typed up for His Ignorance and decided against it. Ten posts was enough for me and I didn't want to encourage him.

Perhaps some of us more generous Hunttalkers could contribute to buy Mike21 a couple weeks at this venerable institution to ease some of the angst that permeates his interaction with society. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emily_Post_Institute . I'm good for chipping in with a buck.

Did I say I am calling for that? Nope. FBI friends risk their lives every day and I don't have a lot of concern as to who would come out ahead if it ever came down these ass clowns thinking they could take on the FBI and other trained folks I consider my friends. The Bundy's and their band of followers have a lot of cowards among them, who if it came down to it, would piss down their legs when the fertilizer hit the ventilator.

Now, to your interaction here after only 10 posts. Not sure where you come from with those comments, but if you continue with this kind of interaction with people on this forum, you can pack your keyboard and head elsewhere. If you have ideas and information that is helpful to discussion on a public land hunting forum, it will be welcomed and I look forward to your interaction.

For you to do what you have done to a guy who has been through what Cushman has, puts you on the wrong side of the owner. I'm not going to have someone operate as you have in these posts directed at Cushman, no matter who your target is, but especially when you target a guy who has given as much to this country and our freedoms as Cushman has. Just a fact of hanging out here. Not how we treat our veterans and others who have given so much for our country. My policy and how I moderate the place.

So either accept that and interact in a positive manner by contributing something helpful to the threads on hunting, or take it elsewhere. As others can attest, I have no use for it.

Well I guess I shouldn't be surprised by your threat of censorship for those that dont think the way you do. Pretty common on this forum from what I have observed.

Please refer back to "Quick...someone get Mike21 some snacks so he can get back to the refuge!!". And then refer back to my post that I agreed with your words, then pointed out that the penalties for the Hammonds were not equitable etc. Mr Cartmen is the one who went outside the conversation, I simply obliged him.

If being a veteran is all it takes to to stay stupid things without rebuttals then I can send you my resume as it contains deployments to Iraq etc, which has nothing to do with trying to say group think funny stuff and think you can say it and hide behind your service to our country. That's essentially what you are proposing. If being a vet is a trump card then please extend it to me before your censorship.

The FBI folks you consider your friends would get killed, simple as that. They may force a surrender after a fire fight. Ruby Ridge and Waco both had federal Kia. And as I stated before, for what? Short of air strikes history tells us that this is a no win situation if it goes to armed conflict. Did you see the videos with the BLM in Nevada? Those guys were willing to fight it out. I don't agree with any of them but they were not cowards. Like Waco and ruby you have people with beliefs that are, wrong-right who are willing to play ball. It's scary that we are at this place.

If interacting positively means not having a different view point then kick me off the forum Randy.

Columbia Falls Montana, and send me your personal contact info and we can accomadate the reset of your request? Still waiting.......

I can assure you, anyone coming through Columbia Falls is going to Glacier, not to see you and listen to your nonsense. I put up with enough of that in 12 years in the Corps and two combat deployments to Iraq. Randy runs a tight ship and if you can't contribute anything meaningful then move on. Respect works two ways, you give it, you receive it. You obviously missed that class. Sorry Randy, on to researching Ruby mtn deer hunting now.

I am amazed.
I would be in jail by now.

Or do I not have to face the consequences for my actions?
If that is so,it's gameover. I was taught to obey laws.
And ignorance of the law was not an excuse.

RR & Waco were bad ends,but what happens when you kick a hornets nest
The hornets nest this time is law abiding taxpaying citizens who are fed up with scofflaws and felons,big & small, walking free & threatening folks.
And a government that does nothing.

BF ,thanks for posting article & link to petition.
My so called Representatives & Senators are getting an ear full from me.
Down to county commissioners.
Watching for the black suv's & choppers now...

I have seen BLM take away/not renew leases here from those that did not comply with policy
or pay.
That's what is called,enforcement.

Its up just like I said. It's time for you to simmer down a notch. Fair enough that it was dished out to you as well, but it's time to come back down and get a grip.

Welfare ranchers demanding more free shit, guess they've been watching msnbc and decided to get "theirs".

Copious amounts of tear gas and oc fogger would end this conflict quickly. The feds just need to make sure the leeches fire first.

Well I guess I shouldn't be surprised by your threat of censorship for those that dont think the way you do. Pretty common on this forum from what I have observed.

That's absolute bullshit. I'm on the complete opposite side of the fence as some on certain issues, as are others. Censorship is not something I've seen around here.

Why don't you try acting civilly and see where it gets you? If you don't like it here, I doubt you'll be missed.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back