Might be time to boycott Amazon.com

shoots-straight

This is what I got in a email today:

alcftlmap.png
Robert --
DO YOU USE AMAZON?
DO YOU AGREE that it’s time Federal Lands are turned to willing states for local control?

If the answer to these questions is "Yes", then please take action! Thanks to Amazon’s generosity you can donate to the American Lands Council Foundation (ALCF) every time you shop at Amazon, at no additional cost to you. The AmazonSmile program generously donates 0.5% of all your qualifying purchases to the ALCF.

All you have to do is visit smile.amazon.com and log in with your existing Amazon account, then register to support "American Lands Council Foundation."

Then every time you make a purchase, visit SMILE.AMAZON.COM. You can add a bookmark to your browser in Firefox and Chrome or use a handy browser plug-in that will automatically take you there: Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Safari

No strings attached: whether you spend 25 cents or $2,500 using your personal or business account, ALCF will get 0.5%. The price stays the same for you, and these donations all add up to help #FREETHELANDS. It’s as easy as saying “good-bye federal bureaucracy”!

Thanks for Your Support!

Alan Gardner
Board Member, ALCF
---------------------------------------------------

PS If want to learn more about it before you register, click here

Last edited:
Just about any person or organization can set something up like this to get a commission from Amazon. BigFin has had one setup for HuntTalk for a while now.

Just don't register to support the American Lands Council Foundation and you should be good.

No boycott needed.

Just about any person or organization can set something up like this to get a commission from Amazon. BigFin has had one setup for HuntTalk for a while now.

Just don't register to support the American Lands Council Foundation and you should be good.

No boycott needed.

They make it seem as though Amazon.com supports their cause. Maybe Amazon needs to see that message.

Last edited:
I think I'm with npaden on this one. It seems more like this is just business. I think Amazon wouldn't be where it is if they applied subjective filters on who could sign up for programs like AmazonSmile. If people boycott Amazon, then HuntTalk wouldn't get their kickbacks, either.

I'm not going to boycott Amazon. I'll keep shopping and sending my donations to RMEF.

When I first read it, the slant I got was Amazon was supporting the transfer. They did a good job on the spin. I understand what they are doing is making free money. Not a bad way to generate revenue.

BHR I keep my friends close and my enemy's closer. You just live down the street. ;););)

Hey, thanks to this thread I found that BHA is an option! Sweet, better than my previous pick.

Did you have any apprehension when choosing? I have looked before for NWTF but there are multiple listings for them.

How do you set up your Amazon account to do donations to an organization?

Go to https://smile.amazon.com/ and you can determine your organization. From there you need to make sure you login to smile.amazon.com so your purchases qualify. As an example I often shop on the app on my phone, I load my cart then open a browser and go so smile.amazon, my cart carries over and my purchases then qualify.

Go to https://smile.amazon.com/ and you can determine your organization. From there you need to make sure you login to smile.amazon.com so your purchases qualify. As an example I often shop on the app on my phone, I load my cart then open a browser and go so smile.amazon, my cart carries over and my purchases then qualify.

Thanks!! I hope BHA likes my money :cool:

When I first read it, the slant I got was Amazon was supporting the transfer. They did a good job on the spin. I understand what they are doing is making free money. Not a bad way to generate revenue.

BHR I keep my friends close and my enemy's closer. You just live down the street. ;););)

Did you move in with Tony, Robert? Dang, there goes the neighborhood.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back