Merry Christmas to my Hunttalk Friends

aws1963

Relatively new member to this site.

Unfortunately, work travel and family commitments have kept me out of the hills for the last 10 years. As the time lengthened, my interest in big game hunting faded. By chance on a business trip sitting in an airport waiting for a connecting flight last month, I stumbled on Randy's YouTube site. The quality of the production and ethics of fair chase and public land hunts captured my interest. Doesn't hurt that Randy has a delivery and demeanor that I can appreciate. The successes and failures we all experience were equally displayed and not hidden. That was refreshing as I was used to a lot of the arrogance and private land/fenced hunts on cable TV. None of these were exhibited with Randy and the OYOA videos.

This forum has updated me on the latest and greatest gear as well as motivated me with all the great stories and pictures. The gear and "How To" videos are awesome and informative. I think I have watched the "gutless method" video 5 or 6 times. The forums have kept me up late at night making my "checklist" and helping me decide on gear acquisition and selection.

This coming season, I am going to head into the back country solo in search of a mature buck. I will be using OnXmaps and will be doing some scouting trips late this summer. I hope to be posting a success story on a Northern CA blacktail buck in mid-October.

Thanks to the great stories and information, you've all helped bring a "former" hunter back into the fold!:cool:

Merry Christmas to you all and a hearty THANK YOU Randy for a great, informative site.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas and good luck with your buck hunt next year. You should look for some pigs during the off season.

Thank you. Merry Christmas to you and all the Hunt Talk community. May 2017 fill your mail boxes with lots of great tags.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back