Caribou Gear

Memories and keepsakes!

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
Clearly, the point was missed. Sentiment. Tradition. Learning how to hunt.

If I lived in the mountains I'm sure I'd have elk racks too. Those are impressive specimens but surely, you don't need to piggyback on other's threads to get some love on your bulls.

Nothing missed here and no love for bulls needed. Sorry to have replied to a post about displaying your animals..

I guess I may have totally misinterpreted your original post.
Do any of you guys do the same? If so, let's see them!

By the way - I really like my pyramid.

Nothing missed here and no love for bulls needed. Sorry to have replied to a post about displaying your animals..

I guess I may have totally misinterpreted your original post.

By the way - I really like my pyramid.
I agree, your pyramid is awesome.

I was trying to encourage people to share their hunting heirlooms and what else they do to remember their hunts. Not get attention for my dinky bucks.

2009....have 2 more euro'd bulls (no projectiles) with ivories glued. Pic'd bullets are 180 gr TSX recovered just under the hide behind the shoulder on each side. He pivoted 180 on the first shot and I placed another in the same spot....
This is a cool way to preserve that bull. Truth be told, I'm glad I'm not the only one who hangs on to the cartridge.

I used to do this when younger but after 45 years I ran out of room to display all the kills. I was a approached by a guy looking for deer antlers. After my last move I didn't even unpack 2 big wardrobe moving boxes filled with antlers so they sat in the basement for years so I cut all the antlers off the skulls and sold him about 70 pounds of whitetail antlers for his project. Ive only kept one gun kill rack and the cartridge and it was my whitetail buck back in the 70's.

I think the only broadhead I ever saved after a kill was one that was embedded in a vertebrae from a straight down tree stand shot. I like to see how many animals I can kill with the same head (ive killed 9 with one head and 7 with another.) If I stopped using a broadhead after a kill, Id have lots of broadheads out of commission that could be reused.

Last edited:
I used to do this when younger but after 45 years I ran out of room to display all the kills. I was a approached by a guy looking for deer antlers. After my last move I didn't even unpack 2 big wardrobe moving boxes filled with antlers so they sat in the basement for years so I cut all the antlers off the skulls and sold him about 70 pounds of whitetail antlers for his project. Ive only kept one gun kill rack and the cartridge and it was my whitetail buck back in the 70's.

I think the only broadhead I ever saved after a kill was one that was embedded in a vertebrae from a straight down tree stand shot. I like to see how many animals I can kill with the same head (ive killed 9 with one head and 7 with another.) If I stopped using a broadhead after a kill, Id have lots of broadheads out of commission that could be reused.
I only displayed this broadhead because it's ability to open was compromised after the kill. Otherwise I'd throw it on a new arrow and call it good! So I agree with you on that. I usually only glue the cartridges and not my other broadheads! A while back, I switched back to a fixed broadhead and they do NOT work for plaques! They work fine on animals though

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back