Memories and keepsakes!

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38069

Three years ago, I started cleaning up and displaying all of my antlers as emblems to remind me of the great times I've had in the outdoors. I typically keep the cartridge/broadhead I killed the animal with. I glued the cartridge to the wood with the antlers.

My first eight bucks
20191204_124227.jpg
3 & 4
20191204_124237.jpg
5 & 6
20191204_124244-jpg.121805

7 & 8
20191204_124252.jpg
As I got older, I learned patience and began to let young bucks go. None of these are records but they are only for my enjoyment. I think of them as 3D pictures that instantly remind me of that hunt!

I even have a piece of branch that prevented me from my first archery kill. My broadhead was stuck in it! This reminds me to wait for my shot!
20191204_124311.jpg
Do any of you guys do the same? If so, let's see them!

Attachments

• 20191204_124244.jpg
    20191204_124244.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 385
I've got all the antlers of all the bucks I've killed but I keep the pictures in an album. I like the idea. They can definitely bring back the memories from the hunts over the years

I am a newer hunter when it comes to big game. Killed my first deer in 2018 but he was pretty small so I just cut off his antlers. This year I got a much nicer buck and also an antelope and both are currently at the taxidermist for European mounts.

The boss lets me have a spare bedroom to use as my trophy room which has all my Wildlife art, duck mounts, turkey fans, and soon to be heads. It’s a small room but it works.

I don’t have any pictures of my room on my phone but I’ll try to add some later.

I am a newer hunter when it comes to big game. Killed my first deer in 2018 but he was pretty small so I just cut off his antlers. This year I got a much nicer buck and also an antelope and both are currently at the taxidermist for European mounts.

The boss lets me have a spare bedroom to use as my trophy room which has all my Wildlife art, duck mounts, turkey fans, and soon to be heads. It’s a small room but it works.

I don’t have any pictures of my room on my phone but I’ll try to add some later.
My european mount is the only one that makes it out of the man cave!
20170223_175055.jpg
The .300 cartridge is glued to the back!

I do not. All my youth racks were eaten by squirrels while I was away at college, and all mine since are just hanging in the shed rafters. I do have two large cork boards full of pictures through.

I do not. All my youth racks were eaten by squirrels while I was away at college, and all mine since are just hanging in the shed rafters. I do have two large cork boards full of pictures through.
Pictures are great too. Especially the ones with hunting buddies in them!

I've always thought pronghorn euros look cool! Post it when its finished!

I'd need a 12x24 for all the shells I'd used on that one bull in 2011...:rolleyes:

You hunt long enough and you get a collection of "rafter racks"; Those bucks and bulls that aren't good enough to make it in the house but you still want to hang on to the headgear.

My GF has told me I'm at capacity with 5 elk racks in the house 2 plaques, one shoulder mount in the nook off the kitchen, and 2 euros in the bedroom. (the only 2 rooms with high ceilings) Wondering to myself if raising the cieling n the Living room is cheaper than building a 2 story garage with the upper story as a "trophy room"

You hunt long enough and you get a collection of "rafter racks"; Those bucks and bulls that aren't good enough to make it in the house but you still want to hang on to the headgear.
This was my motivation! The antlers were stuffed in a bin for years and taking up space.

That's a great idea, I'm going to do that for my daughters. I always pick up the cartridges I use and write the date/animal/location on them, but engraving is way cooler!
I'm sure they will really like that too. When I shot my first bear, I forgot to pick up the cartridge so the next weekend I hiked all the way back to find it and luckily it was sitting ontop of a pile of dirt in plain site. I just havent quite figured out how to display the cartridges.

when the house and rafters get full you can make structures like the Egyptian pyramids..

View attachment 121843
Do you always try to sabotage a thread and make it about yourself?
My tape measure is outside and frankly out of comission for this "Richard" measuring contest! Grow up on the Iron-Range in Minnesota and these racks would be trophies for you too.

Do you always try to sabotage a thread and make it about yourself?
My tape measure is outside and frankly out of comission for this "Richard" measuring contest! Grow up on the Iron-Range in Minnesota and these racks would be trophies for you too.
🙄

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back