Memorial Tunes

Posting a (dixie) chick's song is a flagrant 2 foul on hunttalk. Punishment: 1 week timeout from music thread for you!
I long ago stopped cancelling an artist based on them being less than an immaculate member of society. If I want to embrace Cancel Culture then there would be very few movies, books or albums I would get to enjoy. The song is amazing lyrically. I never looked to any of the Dixie Chicks, er, Chicks for tax advice nor legal advice not a chocolate cookie recipe. I don't turn off the radio if a Michael Jackson tune is playing which I liked back in the day though at a minimum he had screws loose. I still read Hemingway though he was a terrible father and husband. I watched Fuller House a couple of years ago and will again even if Becky did time recently. Liam Neeson movies remain some I watch though he said racist things. I will watch Depp movies though he is a train wreck at a minimum. I will watch Baywatch reruns even if Pamela got her freak on.

None of these are people I want as my neighbor or to seek life advice from or be friends with my children though I find things they put on paper or film or vinyl to be enjoyable at times.

One Friday night at a football game
The Lord's Prayer said and the anthem sang
A man said folks would you bow your head
For the list of local Vietnam dead
Crying all alone under the stands
Was the piccolo player in the marching band

Last edited:
I long ago stopped cancelling an artist based on them being less than an immaculate member of society. If I want to embrace Cancel Culture then there would be very few movies, books or albums I would get to enjoy. The song is amazing lyrically. I never looked to any of the Dixie Chicks, er, Chicks for tax advice nor legal advice not a chocolate cookie recipe. I don't turn off the radio if a Michael Jackson tune is playing which I liked back in the day though at a minimum he had screws loose. I still read Hemingway though he was a terrible father and husband. I watched Fuller House a couple of years ago and will again even if Becky did time recently. Liam Neeson movies remain some I watch though he said racist things. I will watch Depp movies though he is a train wreck at a minimum. I will watch Baywatch reruns even if Pamela got her freak on.

None of these are people I want as my neighbor or to seek life advice from or be friends with my children though I find things they put on paper or film or vinyl to be enjoyable at times.

#deep

I was strictly joking around with @Ben Lamb cause he is the "rules guy" I don't have anything against the those broads

Volunteered for the army on my birthday
Draft the white trash first 'round here anyway
Done my two tours of duty in Vietnam
I came home with a brand new plan
I take the seed from Colombia and Mexico
Just plant it up the holler down Copperhead Road
Now the D.E.A's got a chopper in the air
Wake up screaming like I'm back over there
Learned a thing or two from Charlie don't you know
You better stay away from Copperhead Road

Lyrics

Of all the money that e'er I had
I spent it in good company
And all the harm I've ever done
Alas, it was to none but me
And all I've done for want of wit
To memory now I can't recall
So fill to me the parting glass
Good night and joy be to you all
And drink a health whate'er befalls
Then gently rise and softly call
Of all the comrades that e'er I had
They're sorry for my going away
And all the sweethearts that e'er I had
They'd wish me one more day to stay
But since it fell into my lot
That I should rise and you should not
I'll gently rise and softly call
Fill to me the parting glass

But since it fell into my lot
That I should rise and you should not
I'll gently rise and softly call

Not a tune…”Band of Brothers”.

The ending and rolling epilogue punches me windless every time.

Figure this one's fitting for memorial day. Going to see them in Cedar Rapids June 8th.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back