Yeti GOBOX Collection

Meindl vs kenetrek

I tried them both on for fit and really didn't feel good with either. Very stiff as well. Too stiff for my taste.

There are different models within each brand that suit different needs. For example, Lowa has Hikers, Trekkers, and Backpackers. The Hikers are the most flexible, and the backpackers are the stiffest. I have a pair of Lowas that I wear bird hunting that are probably more flexible than your Salomons.

Glad yours work for you.

Not really, most all the people I work with experience the same thing...max of 2-3 years with the higher quality boots.

We spend 140-160+ days a year in the field. Many of us spend another 30-40+ days a year hunting, backpacking, etc. I don't care how good a boot is, wearing them that much beats then down in a couple years.
Pard in ID is much the same way. He may get two full years out of his boots (Lowa's). He does a LOT of winter chukar hunting in lava rock country which will shorten the life of any boot.

I agree that it's sort of an either/or issue when comparing Meindl and Kenetrek. I've had both and both were very good boots IMO, but the M's fit me better. Seriously considering trying some Lowa's or Hanwag's next.

I was able to get a pair of Kenetrek Extreme 400's for dang near half price on Midway USA and love them. I think one of the biggest issues is that you usually can't go and try on all these boots before you buy them. I got lucky in that the Kenetreks fit really well.

Are there any stores in Montana or anywhere else that carry a lot of the high end boots?

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back