Meet Charlie!

shoots-straight

Well,I decided that I needed a buddie on the trap line. One that can pull her own weight.

She will hunt coyotes, as a decoy dog, and a bonus will be running b-cats, lions, coon etc.

Say hello to Charlie, a Ladner Black Mouth Cur hunting dog. All the way from Mississippi.

Attachments

• Gannon and Charlie.jpg
    Gannon and Charlie.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 968
  • Lander Cur..jpg
    Lander Cur..jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 937
  • Charlie chew.jpg
    Charlie chew.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 961
...about time you acquired some southern class...good job, she's a cutie for sure.

Great looking pup! I've got a Catahoula Cur and she is a great dog! Smart as can be. She can even find a few sheds for me.

Hi Charlie. You're a working Bud, so I guess you'll, do - even if you won't point and don't have a wire coat:hump::D
Not meant at all to attempt to hijack your thread, Shoots, but it must be puppy time......

Attachments

• DSCN3598.jpg
    DSCN3598.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 722
Great choice, my father in law has one it's great with our kids, but hard on coons,skunks groundhogs. He is extremely smart even helped me find a wounded deer once. Should make a great hunting partner.

shoots-straight I read that the breed was developed in the south for hunting and cattle work. Will you expect your dogs coat to hold up well in cold Montana temps?

Looks like a great pup. I'm guessing that you might have to train her to come to you instead of eating the coyotes. :)

shoots-straight I read that the breed was developed in the south for hunting and cattle work. Will you expect your dogs coat to hold up well in cold Montana temps?

There's already a bunch up here and farther north killing lions. She has really short hair now, God will add some I hope. If not maybe a coat is going to be a present.

Well, Charlie is a year old now. She's starting to get her sea legs a bit. Today we worked on K-9's. Kinda conflicting results though.

She did almost perfect on the coyotes. Mixed it up, and then brought them right too me. Then I called in a Wolf, who came about 10 steps from me. I wanted to take a picture but was more concerned that Charlie was going to mix it up with the wolf. So I opted to give a shock when she went for the wolf. Jumped another wolf up in a high mountain meadow, and she got right on his rear end. Had to shock her there also. Damn I wish I could be bad.P7310751.jpgP7310752.jpg

Last edited:
Back