Yeti

Meet Charlie!

shoots-straight

Well,I decided that I needed a buddie on the trap line. One that can pull her own weight.

She will hunt coyotes, as a decoy dog, and a bonus will be running b-cats, lions, coon etc.

Say hello to Charlie, a Ladner Black Mouth Cur hunting dog. All the way from Mississippi.

Attachments

• Gannon and Charlie.jpg
    Gannon and Charlie.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 968
  • Lander Cur..jpg
    Lander Cur..jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 937
  • Charlie chew.jpg
    Charlie chew.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 961

noharleyyet

...about time you acquired some southern class...good job, she's a cutie for sure.

Joe Hulburt

Great looking pup! I've got a Catahoula Cur and she is a great dog! Smart as can be. She can even find a few sheds for me.

onpoint

Hi Charlie. You're a working Bud, so I guess you'll, do - even if you won't point and don't have a wire coat:hump::D
Not meant at all to attempt to hijack your thread, Shoots, but it must be puppy time......

Attachments

• DSCN3598.jpg
    DSCN3598.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 722

7mm08mo

Great choice, my father in law has one it's great with our kids, but hard on coons,skunks groundhogs. He is extremely smart even helped me find a wounded deer once. Should make a great hunting partner.

kansasdad

shoots-straight I read that the breed was developed in the south for hunting and cattle work. Will you expect your dogs coat to hold up well in cold Montana temps?

Gerald Martin

Looks like a great pup. I'm guessing that you might have to train her to come to you instead of eating the coyotes. :)

shoots-straight

shoots-straight I read that the breed was developed in the south for hunting and cattle work. Will you expect your dogs coat to hold up well in cold Montana temps?

There's already a bunch up here and farther north killing lions. She has really short hair now, God will add some I hope. If not maybe a coat is going to be a present.

shoots-straight

Well, Charlie is a year old now. She's starting to get her sea legs a bit. Today we worked on K-9's. Kinda conflicting results though.

She did almost perfect on the coyotes. Mixed it up, and then brought them right too me. Then I called in a Wolf, who came about 10 steps from me. I wanted to take a picture but was more concerned that Charlie was going to mix it up with the wolf. So I opted to give a shock when she went for the wolf. Jumped another wolf up in a high mountain meadow, and she got right on his rear end. Had to shock her there also. Damn I wish I could be bad. P7310751.jpg P7310752.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaddman