Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Matt Rinella is categorically confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is getting tangential to the discussion, but.....

I order shirts for our company occasionally. I have no doubt that they can sell 100 of the cheapest shirts in their catalog with a very simple design for $9 apiece. The question is what it costs to start with a shirt you actually want to wear, then produce and stock 50-100 in varying sizes at all times, and have someone package and prep them for pickup a few times a week. I know they charge shipping, as I just ordered a shirt and a sticker the other night, but that doesn't cover the logistics that the person prepping the order does. All this stuff adds up.
It true that I don't know exactly what the numbers are for them, but I don't see meaningful money in it for him.
So its okay, because hes not selling a "lot of shirts" suprised a lot more hunt talk users arent buying them based on the thread.
I have literally no idea how you got that from this:
I got that from what saint Matthew Rinella has said on his "media" and his podcast and others.
I think we can make blanket statements based on evidence, so yes, they are bad for hunting. Some notable exceptions. I abhor the hole "all us hunters need to be together, we can't call out bad actors"...if you are shooting holes in the boat I think they can be thrown out of the boat
I dont disagree with calling out bad actors and will gladly join in on the comical lack of skill it takes to kill animals in a high fence or sanctuary. It does, however, add value intrensic value to agricultural owners who otherwise see these animals as a pest. I hate it, but region 7 has lots of areas that would be deer and elk free if not for outfitting (see the tactacam owners ranch and booth ranch as examples).

I disagree with someone whos whole message is "less hunters" while being employed twice over (govt and his "media") on the wallets of hunters in the first place. More is not good. Less is not good. More involved conservationists is what is required, in all ways.

He's virtue signaling by saying "at cost merchandise" when really, if they were at cost, they'd be much cheaper. His designs are as simple as they come. Lots of companies sell shirts for profit at less...
Dealers sell F-150s at all different price points too. Some are XL, and some are Platinum......

We probably aren't going to change each other's mind......

if they were at cost, they'd be much cheaper. His designs are as simple as they come. Lots of companies sell shirts for profit at less...
I sure as shit don't need any t-shirts - no matter how trendy. But some questions for you RJ, the hater of all those who love to love haters of the hunting industry..
1) What's his cost?
2) Do those "companies" you refer to buy dozens or thousands to get the price you're referring to?
3) What's your definition of "profit"? and should Rinella giveout free t-shirts, or should he try to cover those expenses?

Maybe he could 1099 you for consultation services on business marketing and promotional product acquisitions. Drop him a DM in his socials to help a brother out.

So its okay, because hes not selling a "lot of shirts" suprised a lot more hunt talk users arent buying them based on the thread.
Ok or not, I don't really care. I do think if he's trying to make money off t-shirts he's going to fail at his prices.

Call Randy in if you're suspicious.

I feel bad for Randy having so many haters on his own site. Sort of ridiculous

careful, if you say hater three times in a row cam appears, spits elk blood in your face and does a karate kid crane kick to your nads. then he runs off giggling and squealing "must be nice" before vanishing.

So now it’s elaborate scheme to profit off of the shirts. Maybe he could have skipped the whole thing entirely and sold gnome shirts at meateater if that was the goal.
Lol no. Its not elaborate - at all. Its played out and over done by all kinds of people in the industry including him.
I sure as shit don't need any t-shirts - no matter how trendy. But some questions for you RJ, the hater of all those who love to love haters of the hunting industry..
1) What's his cost?
2) Do those "companies" you refer to buy dozens or thousands to get the price you're referring to?
3) What's your definition of "profit"? and should Rinella giveout free t-shirts, or should he try to cover those expenses?

Maybe he could 1099 you for consultation services on business marketing and promotional product acquisitions. Drop him a DM in his socials to help a brother out.
Ah so its all okay for him to do it? Based on some savior complex he has?

Him and Cam should go on a podcast and talk and see who can be the larger self serving douchebag.

The more I think about it the more I think I need a Stop Hammering shirt. If I wore it to the SLC Hunt Expo would I be attacked by swarms of 5’4” roided out Cam minions? Would wearing gaiters indoors counteract their aggression?
Apparently as likely to find disciples of saint matthew, doing that.

I would, probably just wear the shirt my wife packed 🤣 - but good luck selling more matt merchandise and "recruiting" more matt fans. I know he "quietly" appreciates the revenue stream.

Apparently as likely to find disciples of saint matthew, doing that.

I would, probably just wear the shirt my wife packed 🤣 - but good luck selling more matt merchandise and "recruiting" more matt fans. I know he "quietly" appreciates the revenue stream.
=$132,000

Look out Warren Buffet

@MtEngineer
So we’ve learned all about what makes you angry, type in caps, and hit up thesaurus.com for adjectives. What are your solutions to:
- Overcrowding on public land
- Lack of hunter engagement in conservation efforts, season setting, etc.
- Exploitation of wildlife for personal and commercial gain

@MtEngineer
So we’ve learned all about what makes you angry, type in caps, and hit up thesaurus.com for adjectives. What are your solutions to:
- Overcrowding on public land
- Lack of hunter engagement in conservation efforts, season setting, etc.
- Exploitation of wildlife for personal and commercial gain
Solutions to those problems arent simple.

Overcrowding can be addressed by more hunting access on private land via bma and leasing, and additionally reasonanle management.

Lack of hunter engagement is something that is only to be solved by getting involved and encouraging others to do so. Again. My reason for joining the platform. Ironic after hearing randys message about getting involved - i decided i needed to.

"Explotation" is where one of my primary frustrations lie with matts point of visa. In Montana, landowners in the area largely set the obejctives. To a degree this is fair (see areas like colstrip, for example) and in other areas its less than ideal. Wild game having value to private landowners (especially with the current set up), as much as i hate it, isnt all a bad thing. I dont lease land or pay to hunt private, but its flatly ignorant to say it has "no benefits" to hunting and game preservation. If matt were king for a day and banned outffitting for profit, do you think that would be good for populations or bad for them?

2 theories:

1) Many years ago in a far away place, a woman who's in current Mtengineer orbit was briefly involved with a lapsing moment of Matt Rinella's judgement/standards.
2) Last week - Hanes & Rogan, over a few too many cans of Elk Blood, created a dorky MT rifle hunter profile as a crafty plan to spin their disdain for Matt Rinella.

2 theories:

1) Many years ago in a far away place, a woman who's in current Mtengineer orbit was briefly involved with a lapsing moment of Matt Rinella's judgement/standards.
2) Last week - Hanes & Rogan, over a few too many cans of Elk Blood, created a dorky MT rifle hunter profile as a crafty plan to spin their disdain for Matt Rinella.
Both would be as informed as matts takes and typical of yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon_G
Back