Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Marital Advice

Hunt opener or travel 6 hours to wedding?

• Hunt

Votes: 36 46.2%
  • Wedding

Votes: 42 53.8%
  • Other (please comment)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I definitely don’t want to do that, if I can’t find a win-win solution I’ll probably be there. Just checking options!
Well in that case, get the fiance on the "Do Not Fly" list. A few anonymous tips to the TSA should take care of that.

Easy, breezy, and you're going hunting. 😀

Same boat. I'm my cousins best man this year wedding is the best weekend to hunt whitetails of the whole year. I gave in on that. Bachelor party is duck opener. Nope you can have one or the other but two weekends I dont think so.his wife to be is having a cow because I'm not going to the rehearsal dinner. I'm hunting that morning then making the 3 hour ride up. We never even had one for our wedding, not to derail but why is that even a thing?

10 years from now you won't remember that hunt but the family will remember you ducked out on a family wedding
Unless he kills a big old buck or bull. I’ve been to many weddings I don’t remember and more I wish I didn’t. Can’t think of many hunts I want to forget. Plus, they’ll probably be divorced in 10 years anyway.

I HATE opening week of hunting season. Ten times too many hunters in the field and half of them are crazy. I would be more upset if the wedding was last weekend of the season. Usually a few too many nut jobs in the bush then too but the hunting is better when the rut is on.

Definitely gotta go to the wedding. There will be many more hunting trips. Hopefully your wife doesn't have too many unmarried siblings. If she has a handful more then there may be grounds for a conversation.

Same boat. I'm my cousins best man this year wedding is the best weekend to hunt whitetails of the whole year. I gave in on that. Bachelor party is duck opener. Nope you can have one or the other but two weekends I dont think so.his wife to be is having a cow because I'm not going to the rehearsal dinner. I'm hunting that morning then making the 3 hour ride up. We never even had one for our wedding, not to derail but why is that even a thing?
No doubt, as ridiculous as valentines day.

Dude go! If it's not a draw tag you go. Unless your wife doesn't care to go, but if she does do yourself a favor to last for decades and go...maybe get duckin drunk to! 😀

you have many years to hunt or many years for the family to never let you live it down if you don't go. sucks but go and make the best of a different opportunity on the trip.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexn
Back