Caribou Gear

Marital Advice

Hunt opener or travel 6 hours to wedding?

• Hunt

Votes: 36 46.2%
  • Wedding

Votes: 42 53.8%
  • Other (please comment)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Regular otc tag? You’re going to the wedding. NM Gila elk tag - send flowers and champagne.
Exactly, it totally depends on the hunt, and in part the length of the hunt, and if it is plain jane OTC that is not yet purchased or if it is refundable or exchangeable. And who is getting married as relates to strength of YOUR relationship with them. Do they even have hard to get tags in TN? If you can still get in a decent hunt and the tag is not particularly "special", the wedding it is.,

Lets be real. You probably eat what would be considered great food on a world scale all the time, I know you can afford your own beer, and I would imagine you think your wife looks super hot all the time, so it really better than prostate surgery? I'm not sure.
1. I wish I could make Italian food as good as this was
2. Yeah, but free beer and wine is always good, and even better when it’s really good beer and wine.
3. She does.

I’ll still take the wedding.

That was real inconsiderate of him. Sounds like some people I know that scheduled their kid's birthday party on a Saturday when LSU was playing Alabama 2 years ago. Many no-shows at that party. Joe Burrow ate 'em up.
Because I know a hunting forum is the right place… 🙂
I’m just looking for the right way to approach the situation. Wife’s brother proposed a few weeks ago (congratulations!). Today they told us they’re doing a small destination wedding, date falls on opening weekend of rifle season (why?!?). Can I get out of this without looking like an a** or do I just need to suck it up?

Thanks!
Is it his first wedding? If not and you already attended his first one… there’s your pass.

Depends on your family situation. Since this is USUALLY a once a lifetime event, you will not want to miss it for the world if you want to remain on the good side of the in-laws.

A good buddy of mine recently got engaged and when he told me they were looking at late Sept next year and “obviously” we’d be getting a priority invite I kinda gulped, nodded awkwardly and changed the subject as smoothly as I could. I have a OIL antelope hunt on my calendar. I am hoping to have my application in before getting the invite, otherwise it will be tough to claim an impossible conflict, I am a bad liar. But lie I might……

Back