Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Marital Advice

Hunt opener or travel 6 hours to wedding?

• Hunt

Votes: 36 46.2%
  • Wedding

Votes: 42 53.8%
  • Other (please comment)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TN2shot07

Because I know a hunting forum is the right place… 🙂
I’m just looking for the right way to approach the situation. Wife’s brother proposed a few weeks ago (congratulations!). Today they told us they’re doing a small destination wedding, date falls on opening weekend of rifle season (why?!?). Can I get out of this without looking like an a** or do I just need to suck it up?

Thanks!

My wife wanted to get married in November... I told her hunting season is off limits.

I agree with D_walt though, otc tag youre hooped.

Just regular tags, nothing special. I’m more worried about the grief it may cause because one of the only times I’ve ever just said no and refused any compromise was to getting married anywhere near the fall!

All depends if you need to use it as leverage for a later date… send your wife, regardless, and allow her a +1 as long as it’s a she that’s going and not a he…

All depends if you need to use it as leverage for a later date… send your wife, regardless, and allow her a +1 as long as it’s a she that’s going and not a he…
Mother in law was already trying to hitch a ride so I’d have the +1 covered 😂

Concede this one. Turn it into an even better hunt next year. Depending on the destination, try to get a little fishing in to take away some of the sting.

Back