Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Marital Advice

Hunt opener or travel 6 hours to wedding?

• Hunt

Votes: 36 46.2%
  • Wedding

Votes: 42 53.8%
  • Other (please comment)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'd probably go to the wedding and hate every second of it. I can feel the bile building in the back of my throat just thinking about this situation. I honestly hate weddings and find them to be a giant waste of time. They are all the same, they are all boring, and there is a 100% chance there is something I'd rather do on that particular day.

I'd probably go to the wedding and hate every second of it. I can feel the bile building in the back of my throat just thinking about this situation. I honestly hate weddings and find them to be a giant waste of time. They are all the same, they are all boring, and there is a 100% chance there is something I'd rather do on that particular day.
I didn't want to have my ankle worked on. Surgical date was Apr 5th.
Oklahoma "Spring Turkey" season opens on Apr 6th. 😖😠
Since I had already delayed the inevitable once, I wasn't going to do it again.
Recovery painful as any surgery I've ever experienced! Sweet jesus that thing hurt!
BUT.... next season, I won't have to worry about it any longer

I didn't want to have my ankle worked on. Surgical date was Apr 5th.
Oklahoma "Spring Turkey" season opens on Apr 6th. 😖😠
Since I had already delayed the inevitable once, I wasn't going to do it again.
Recovery painful as any surgery I've ever experienced! Sweet jesus that thing hurt!
BUT.... next season, I won't have to worry about it any longer
I’d rather have my prostate operated on than go to a wedding.

I’d rather have my prostate operated on than go to a wedding.
You be's one sick puppy, mi amigo! LOL! 🤪

p.s. - they won't operate "ON" a prostate, but they will remove it.
It's kinda like an appendix.
It's sorta useless, unless you wanna die of cancer!

Tough one,having never been married. But.... I have 4 sisters.
I drove 3 days to get to my sisters wedding from MT and had a MT otc elk tag in hand.
Years later my niece,her daughter, was planning a destination wedding,Costa Rica,mid summer....I respectfully declined.My time off had been planned in Jan,like always. No can do and keep my job.My niece was pissed at 1st,I had taught her how to surf and all. I gave her my old Weber and said good luck. I get a card every year from her with pics of her surfing still. Now with her kids.
2 other sisters shindigs turned into fishing & hunt trips with my bro.

My ex-SO and I had a deal. I go to shindigs and no questions when I drew a good tag.Fall was for hunting & fishing. Her daughter planned her wedding in summer cause she knew fall was off limits and wanted me there.

I'm told it's my bro's 70th next Nov.......and a family reunion was planned,by my sisters over the 4th. Have not seen the clan in 12 yrs. Can't be a dick and no show this one.
I'm planning hunts early for next year around the time in my head already. Quick trip with Rio,spend 2 days. Visit the few friends I still have and steal the wind from older bro....lol. He can only smile when I give him a NM elk tag. For November.....

Because I know a hunting forum is the right place… 🙂
I’m just looking for the right way to approach the situation. Wife’s brother proposed a few weeks ago (congratulations!). Today they told us they’re doing a small destination wedding, date falls on opening weekend of rifle season (why?!?). Can I get out of this without looking like an a** or do I just need to suck it up?

Thanks!
Send wife's brother an engraved invitation for a deer hunt with the same date. Do a Cheesy "Save the Date" Postcard with a picture of you with your last buck from there....

Deer_in_Love_Save_pl-2.gif

I'm essentially in the same boat. Brother in law is getting married opening day rifle season for deer. I'm taking one for the team and attending the wedding but they do know I'm missing opener for it. Hopefully that helps in any future family disagreements. And my hope is to shoot one with the bow before then anyways or the deer gods reward me for doing it

It depends on how important it is to you. If you go you will likely have to give elsewhere to make up for it. Before I got married I gave my wife some dates (deer gun opener) that I would never be available.

I voted “wedding”, but really I just want you to suffer a little bit. I chose to get married during the peak of the whitetail rut, and will pay for that FOREVER.

I mean my family knows not to plan anything during the fall if they want me to show up besides a holiday. So I have that going on for me. I usually miss the wife’s and nephews birthday during archery elk. And i try to get home just in time for
Thanksgiving

I'm essentially in the same boat. Brother in law is getting married opening day rifle season for deer. I'm taking one for the team and attending the wedding but they do know I'm missing opener for it. Hopefully that helps in any future family disagreements. And my hope is to shoot one with the bow before then anyways or the deer gods reward me for doing it
Who gets married on deer opener in MN??!?!? I've heard of people doing this and then be surprised when all the RSVPs come back as not going. We have a two week season in most of the state. Super rude to schedule anything for early November in MN.

I just went to one the other day. Great food, free beer, my wife looked super hot, way better than a prostate surgery.

Lets be real. You probably eat what would be considered great food on a world scale all the time, I know you can afford your own beer, and I would imagine you think your wife looks super hot all the time, so it really better than prostate surgery? I'm not sure.

Back