March Madness 2021

As my bracket has a definite Big12 slant, losing Texas in a first round game hurt. David reaching out and smiting Goliath. The tournament has already lost 2,3 and 4th seeded teams.

Hopefully VCU will be the only Covid casualty in the bubble.

One schadenfreude moment for me started before the first ball was tossed into the air, as several referees that were scheduled to officiate were sent home as they failed to follow guidelines as they took it upon themselves to dine out and were found out. When one ref tested positive, the other 5 were contact traced out. This group includes “the hair” John Higgins and Ted Valentine, big time well known (and sometimes despised by certain teams) Finals levels officials.

That was a beautiful game though, Loyola Chicago is so fun imo. Athletic enough to keep up, plays like a well coached team. They are so dialed on rotations defensively, almost never get caught on their heels.

I thought when I clicked on here it was going to be a thread about icing big pike. That’s what I call March madness lol

come on now the U of A is in Fayetteville. GO HOGS

Ooops, my geographic bad! Sorry brushcreek

One other moment ORU V Arkansas back when I was a student and the baseball team was hosting a sub region. Winner take all game to go to Omaha and the World Series, bottom of the ninth and ORU up one run. Couple of guys get on base and then two outs, line drive home run to left center.........such an eruption of “Pig, suoweee, pig” from the red clad fans.

Ooops, my geographic bad! Sorry brushcreek

One other moment ORU V Arkansas back when I was a student and the baseball team was hosting a sub region. Winner take all game to go to Omaha and the World Series, bottom of the ninth and ORU up one run. Couple of guys get on base and then two outs, line drive home run to left center.........such an eruption of “Pig, suoweee, pig” from the red clad fans.
ORU has a very good sports program

Back