Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Malarkey Monday

“Guy on family summer vacation walks into a Fly Shop in West Yellowstone” has entered the chat…

I honestly paused before making that comment because of people who think a trout knows the difference between a Parachute Adams and a Royal Coachman.

Pond fishing for bass = one of the most purely American things I can imagine, in a good way.

Lake fishing for bass = one of the most purely American things I can imagine, in quite the opposite way.

Dragging a live frog across a lake bottom while lazily sitting on an old pontoon boat is great fun.

Spending $110K on a bass boat to do the same thing is ... not.

"Our salt & fish oil infused bait blocks catch more fish, and bigger fish every time. Our block baits are constructed in America from the finest imported woods from across the globe. Our team at block baits spent a decade in the jungles of the Amazon and Malaysia researching which wood produces the most viscous strikes, and we've paired it with some of the stickiest and sharpest hooks in the business. "

Some of my best memories as a young lad are getting up at 4 o'clock in the morning to go get slaughtered by mosquitos and throw top water plugs off the docks at my Grandpas place in Florida. Having big largemouth smash a top water bait in the dark was pure awesome. From there I graduated to walleye fishing :)

I am not a fisherman. I don't have the patience. Put me in the forest, put me on a point to glass, put me above any wildlife that can breathe above water and I will sit until they leave or it gets dark and just watch.

Now with that being said. The only fishing how to video anyone needs to watch and it will teach you everything you need to know. Is "DORF GOES FISHING."

They don’t even taste good, no reason to try to catch them muddy pond pickles.

Just stick to fly fishing for them. Much more fun anyways.

The fun of trying to launch a 50 foot cast when your backcast is nothing but cedars and maples means I'm tossing 1/2 ounce crankbaits from the shore. Put me in the boat & the fly rods come out. Best to date is an 18" smallie on a size 16 purple haze. Lots of bluegills & bucketmouths on poppers, and I tell you what - if that ain't the most fun you've had in a while, you're still in the honeymoon stages of your marriage.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back