Major Climate Change Rules the Trump Administration Is Reversing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what the answer is. I don't know how much man has contributed to whatever the climate is doing, but I've thought for some time now that to think that nearly 8 billion of us are here, and not impacting the planet with all the shit we do is being willfully ignorant...

I also think this thread won't be here much longer.

A good first step for you, would be to understand what science is and how it works.

Pretty tough to carry on a reasonable conversation without the basics.

Also, could you be so kind as to define what you're referencing in regard to "your side on topics like this"? I would like to know what sides you're implying exist.
Mocking the other side also part of the playbook. Way to go buzz you got the playbook down pat. You win I'll bow out.

Mocking the other side also part of the playbook. Way to go buzz you got the playbook down pat. You win I'll bow out.
I'll also look u up in 12 years buzz asking for the "scientific proof/facts....if I dont look you up well then I guess you were right.
This is such a stupid debate...of course climate change is real we all know this I've covered this in other threads. I do everything I can to not pollute and destroy the planet and I'm a hardcore conservative. Do you recycle? I DO. Do you use paper plates, cups, bowls, etc..? I DONT. Do you have an electric weed wacker? I DO. I can point to a bunch of things I do to help the planet.
The point is people like me cant stand the terms global warming or climate change because YOUR side blames us for everything. You dont know us or ever hung out with us you just say things to try and make us sound insuperior, put words in our mouths, and mock us all out of the sheeple playbook and that makes you feel better like you know better and doing your part. But with all your preaching I bet my life you will drive your motorized vehicle to work tomorrow or the store or to the climate change protest. You wanna talk the talk you should live the life! Problem is you cant live the life cause you need things and those things are more important than your dire climate circumstances. So go on and keep preaching to me and others as you do the same shit we do that you claim is ruining the planet. Thanks for being a loud mouth who is just that and nothing else.

While I agree with much/ some of this administrations decisions. They definitely prioritize economics and corporate hegemony over the well-being of the environment. Their environmental policies suck.

Last edited:
It's the tale of two extremes... the pendulum between self sufficient energy / materials place everything everywhere (BTW - don't read the purpose of the BLM if you're a bi-product of San Fran or Portland) and tree huggin, "Green Decoy" - wind farm and mining for batteries, etc - electric cars, like your cell phone? computer? heck... fitbit? - though don't you f-in dare mine for those minerals in my backyard! Keep it in some foreign country screw their land for my product!

Screw both.

Good article for those who want to learn more about climate science and go beyond the tin foil hat sound bites being tossed around here. Scroll to page 21 to the article titled "keeping up with the climate".

Attachments

• MFFNewsletterSpring2017.pdf
    5 MB · Views: 10
I'll also look u up in 12 years buzz asking for the "scientific proof/facts....if I dont look you up well then I guess you were right.
This is such a stupid debate...of course climate change is real we all know this I've covered this in other threads. I do everything I can to not pollute and destroy the planet and I'm a hardcore conservative. Do you recycle? I DO. Do you use paper plates, cups, bowls, etc..? I DONT. Do you have an electric weed wacker? I DO. I can point to a bunch of things I do to help the planet.
The point is people like me cant stand the terms global warming or climate change because YOUR side blames us for everything. You dont know us or ever hung out with us you just say things to try and make us sound insuperior, put words in our mouths, and mock us all out of the sheeple playbook and that makes you feel better like you know better and doing your part. But with all your preaching I bet my life you will drive your motorized vehicle to work tomorrow or the store or to the climate change protest. You wanna talk the talk you should live the life! Problem is you cant live the life cause you need things and those things are more important than your dire climate circumstances. So go on and keep preaching to me and others as you do the same shit we do that you claim is ruining the planet. Thanks for being a loud mouth who is just that and nothing else.
As long as he is alive, Buzz will continue to consume fossil fuels, just like everyone else here.

Ben I can google just as many guys who will dis-bunk global warming and climate change. When I was a kid the scare tactic was another ice age is coming(as per our weekly reader, you old enough to remember those?). The climate has changed no doubt, and is/has been/will be changing, nothing stays the same, and there is nothing new under the sun. To use it as platform to frighten people and make political hay with is wrong.

Ben I can google just as many guys who will dis-bunk global warming and climate change. When I was a kid the scare tactic was another ice age is coming(as per our weekly reader, you old enough to remember those?). The climate has changed no doubt, and is/has been/will be changing, nothing stays the same, and there is nothing new under the sun. To use it as platform to frighten people and make political hay with is wrong.

No, you cant...at least not within the scientific community.

Sure, you can find guys like Rush Limbaugh that say nicotine isn't addictive...but you wont find many in science that will make that claim.

Last edited:
https://www.stuffyoushouldknow.com/podcasts/global-warming.htm This podcast explains global warming and how it is a part of climate change. Most won't listen to this but for those who do, it is a very interesting look at global warming, what can be done, what the effects are, what scientist's consensus is, how scientists came to the consensus and the confusion/ misinformation that has come from the debate (not the science behind) global warming.

This is absolutely correct. Climate has been changing since day one. There is nothing static and to make it into politics, is just plain stupid. Many scientists have admitted that it is a hoax. All the left-wing loonies in this country want to preach the that the sky is falling, when realistically, it does not matter, as it will change anyway. For us in this country to have to bear the burden of the climate change hoax is ridiculous. China and India are not going to change, and what this country does is a drop in the bucket.

I would like to see the climatards step up and practice what they preach, before running it down everybody's throats as a political issue. Controlling pollution is a great idea that has helped now for a long time, but this climate change bs because of fossil fuels is bordering on ludicrous. You can find any scientist to back up an argument, as long as someone pays him big bucks to come to a certain conclusion. The honest ones will tell you that most of this crap is orchestrated by the doom and gloomers, like Al "I invented the internet" Gore, who has literally gotten fat and rich off of his hoax.

I always have to laugh at the picture of Wyoming piling dead windmills in a landfill, as there is no way to recycle them. They also run on fossil fuel, to keep the bearings operating. They are the ultimate hypocrisy. I saw a pic of a helicopter burning LOTS of fossil fuel, trying to put a fire out on one. It would be laughable, if it was not such a hypocritical crock of horse potatoes. Another winner is all the climatards out protesting big oil in their PLASTIC kayaks. LMFAO! PLASTIC IS MADE FROM PETROLEUM!

All the envirotards have protected all of the forests now for decades because they think that every tree needs to be left standing. Guess what. There are terrible fires every year because of it. Maybe it is time for the left to use just one iota of common sense and logic, but I guess, really, that is asking way too much. Bernie and Fakahontas will fix it. LMAO!

Over 90% of scientists agree on the findings...and you bet on the 10%...I'm sure you don't wear a seat belt because "I knew someone who probably would've died had he been wearing it". Global warming is one of many symptoms of or been attributed to climate change. Scientists can tell where the carbon in the atmosphere came from and over 90% say the increase is due to man made carbon. Taking man-made carbons out the picture results in a completely different model than what we are currently seeing...in fact the only model that can recreate current conditions is one that man made carbons are a part of. Listen to the podcast, look up and verify their information...if you still don't believe in climate change, that says more about you. It really isn't political, it's science. The only thing political about climate change is how to deal with it and the policies that could help mitigate it. How about this for common sense...almost 8 billion people on this earth, building, heating, polluting, using resource...and you want me to believe that has no affect on climate? Now that defies all common sense.

Matt, I will listen to your podcast when I get a chance next week. Based on your understanding of the issue reading your above post, you have not been informed much by it. Man does not make carbon. When this volcano erupted in the 1800s, a lot of gases were emitted into the atmosphere, including CO2. Also a lot of particulates (pollution) and the result was temporary global cooling.

A lot complicated factors go into what effect CO2 has on our climate and the science is not settled. Some scientist believe that tilling the earth to the scale that is now being done on the globe has more to do with global warming than fossil fuel released CO2. Are they wrong? Maybe.

But you are right. The politically motivated solutions are what concern me the most. Of the 10 democrate candidates that participated in the climate debate recently, which candidates answers did you find most palatable?

Matt, I will listen to your podcast when I get a chance next week. Based on your understanding of the issue reading your above post, you have not been informed much by it. Man does not make carbon. When this volcano erupted in the 1800s, a lot of gases were emitted into the atmosphere, including CO2. Also a lot of particulates (pollution) and the result was temporary global cooling.

A lot complicated factors go into what effect CO2 has on our climate and the science is not settled. Some scientist believe that tilling the earth to the scale that is now being done on the globe has more to do with global warming than fossil fuel released CO2. Are they wrong? Maybe.

But you are right. The politically motivated solutions are what concern me the most. Of the 10 democrate candidates that participated in the climate debate recently, which candidates answers did you find most palatable?
https://blogs.ei.columbia.edu/2017/03/10/the-science-of-carbon-dioxide-and-climate/

Some light reading based on the science of CO2 and how it reacts in the atmosphere to cause a greenhouse affect. Reading the "year without a summer", it sounds like it was based more on a "fog" or particulates blocking solar radiation. CO2 doesn't have the same effect on rays of sun coming into the atmosphere.

right now...Of the greenhouse gases found on our planet, the most common are water vapor, carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, and chlorofluorocarbons or CFCs. Question to you BHR...do you think man has an affect? Of the greenhouse gases, which do you believe stays in the atmosphere the longest? What is the greenhouse gas that has changed the most in abundance? Can you argue against the science that shows a direct coorelation between carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere and the temperature change?

Man likely has some effect on the planets climate. To what degree is debatable. The earth does do an amazing and complex job regulating its climate. Did you read the link I posted?

So as far as political solutions to climate change. You didn't answer my question from before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back