Major Climate Change Rules the Trump Administration Is Reversing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a chance to tour this facility just before it was completed and it was impressive and eye opening. The degree of permitting requirements was challenging. Particulate emission requirements were very stringent. An entire building was dedicated to water purification. Total costs I believe were at 20 million. For only a couple million more they could have increased generation capacity 4 fold, but could not get a willing purchaser for the additional megawatts. With hydropower available from the nearby Hungry Horse dam, electricity is plentiful and relatively cheap in that part of the country.

YouTube thorium nuclear energy, I fully believe our future is in thorium power. It is incredibly abundant, cannot be made into a bomb, and the half life is much less than plutonium and uranium. If they can master the science, they can build a reactor that actually uses our existing nuclear waste as a fuel along with a little thorium.
I'm also fully on board with regenerative farming, or no till practices. Just the soil health perspective alone is worth doing it, on top of that, the ground absorbs a lot of carbon (according to what I have read). Also youtube NRCS montana soil health. There are quite a few videos interviewing montana farmers and ranchers using no till operations and regenerative farming processes. The Dirk O'Connor one is very good as a general overview of the process.

YouTube thorium nuclear energy, I fully believe our future is in thorium power. It is incredibly abundant, cannot be made into a bomb, and the half life is much less than plutonium and uranium. If they can master the science, they can build a reactor that actually uses our existing nuclear waste as a fuel along with a little thorium.
I'm also fully on board with regenerative farming, or no till practices. Just the soil health perspective alone is worth doing it, on top of that, the ground absorbs a lot of carbon (according to what I have read). Also youtube NRCS montana soil health. There are quite a few videos interviewing montana farmers and ranchers using no till operations and regenerative farming processes. The Dirk O'Connor one is very good as a general overview of the process.

Super Fuel by Richard Martin is a great read.

We burn a lot of biomass. It’s a good solid dependable fuel. It would probably do well to fill in the gaps related to reliability with solar and wind.

Some biomass units are better designed to handle the sand found in fuel from the woods. A diet of grit and sand can eat up the fans and tubes. Emissions limits on any new unit will be pretty tight. You just have to be willing to spend the money on an esp or bag house. To make it worth it financially, you’d likely have to go a lot bigger in scale than 2.5 MW.

Want proof that there is a religious aspect to climate change?

I blast the ac . I also eat a steak most nights. and a lot of beans so I fart a lot also . I am A proud contributer to climate change! at least I would be ,if such a thing existed.;)😁

I had lunch with a guy back in 2002 who had a weather/climate consulting company and he employed like 30 plus employees back then. He said that as it was called back then " global warming" theory was a total sham. His company consulted on weather globally and also did climate research & modeling back 200 years +. He loved that the democratic party was running with the theory and he basically told me its just weather and its always changing dry/wet/hot/dry rotates globally dry here wet there etc warm periods and cold periods and the demand to study weather is gonna be a boom!

I had lunch with a guy back in 2002 who had a weather/climate consulting company and he employed like 30 plus employees back then. He said that as it was called back then " global warming" theory was a total sham. His company consulted on weather globally and also did climate research & modeling back 200 years +. He loved that the democratic party was running with the theory and he basically told me its just weather and its always changing dry/wet/hot/dry rotates globally dry here wet there etc warm periods and cold periods and the demand to study weather is gonna be a boom!
So he was part of the less than 3% and you believed him. Cool.

It seems to me the question of cause and effect and the arguments one way or another regarding whether or not man has caused "climate change" is the wrong question and results in the either-or, yes or no, left or right contentiousness.

A more helpful and worthwhile question to be scientifically researched is, "Has man effected changes in earth's atmospheric conditions and temperatures and if so, to what extent and by what means?"

But consistent with man's arrogance, the argument revolves around whether or not man is responsible and how each man perceives his importance during the extremely brief time (relatively) he is on earth, farting and accumulating vast amounts of wealth, which we all know leads to ultimate happiness. :D

Could it have been structured as a ‘Foundation’....those used to be super legit.

But consistent with man's arrogance, the argument revolves around whether or not man is responsible and how each man perceives his importance during the extremely brief time (relatively) he is on earth, farting and accumulating vast amounts of wealth, which we all know leads to ultimate happiness.

Wait...is it the farting, or the wealth accumulation that leads to the happiness?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back