Made in the USA

Every business owner I know can talk bad about unions all day long.
they are the only ones who have time because even while they sit there and talk the wealth keeps concentrating.

they are the only ones who have time because even while they sit there and talk the wealth keeps concentrating.

Wow.....I must be doing it wrong. If only you knew me.:cool::rolleyes:

Yep... ALL that wealth keeps concentrating all right, How do you think the Labor Unions are able to spend millions & millions of dollars paying off lobbyists, getting laws passed that further stretch their wallets?

Are you seriously defending labor unions? If so, why exactly?

....you forgot lawyers, wolves, SFW, democrats, neocons, lobbyists, trolls, and televangelists.

I thought we were talking about "Made In America"...? How did wolves impact products made in America?

My comment about the American way, was intended to be in refrence to the American Entrepreneur.

About arm wrestling Jesus.... I may be old, but I'm NOT that old! Besides, he probably would have let me win. :)

1FastGambler- you must love Walmart...a company founded by an entrepeneur in the good old usa that was able to make an empire that employs a huge number of people with no union labor!!! Their profits even stay with a few people in the USA in Arkansas. I'm sure this must be the true spirit of "Made in America" that you believe in as it is the exact one you reference...

Yep... ALL that wealth keeps concentrating all right, How do you think the Labor Unions are able to spend millions & millions of dollars paying off lobbyists, getting laws passed that further stretch their wallets?

What do you know about the working conditions in the countries that the factories are moving to? yeah if only we treated our working class like they do in China I'm sure they would be better off or would the upper class be better off? At least unions spend some time fighting for workers safety.
I am currently crippled and in pain 24/7 at the age of 28 due to a lack of safety at a non unionized industry I know the safety in unionized industries is far better than non.
Personally I don't give a f$$$ about the economy because no amount of money will give me my health back. In my mind nothing is more important than the safety of the average Jo worker.
This is just my opinion if you haven't walked in my shoes you perspective will be different.?

Oh and are you saying the wealth in the USA is not concentrating because every statistic I have read says it is in a big way.

My personal experience is only with trade unions, but:

Trust me. Non-union companies DO NOT charge less for their services. The owners pay their employees less, provide little or no benefits, and put more money in their pockets.

Safety is another MAJOR factor, non-union job sites are down right scary.

I have never, nor will I ever own a japanese made vehicle.
Are you sure?
I have mine a while now 58k with hardly any problems at all (touch wood) and over 30mpg average.
I am very open minded when it comes to buying hunting goods, especially as not much is made in the UK anymore (says it all really) but often look at the American goods and will be buying loads of your kit when i come over.
But i will stick with European optics, you just can't beat German glass in my opinion.
06032012171.jpg

Cheers
Richard

Devon Deer-Are you sure your Toyota Tundra was made in Japan? From what I understand most of them are made in the United States.
The second generation Tundra was initially assembled at two different United States locations, the original Princeton, Indiana plant supplemented by a newly built San Antonio, Texas plant. Combined, the two plants give Toyota a maximum capacity of produce 300,000 Tundra units annually or 100,000 units from the Indiana plant and another 200,000 units from the Texas plant. When designing the Texas plant, Toyota arranged for 21 key Tundra suppliers to set up factories on the same site to avoid logistical issues, however those suppliers are more vulnerable to a market downturn. Toyota also included a $9 million dollar health care facility to serve workers and their dependents.[5]

In the spring[when?] of 2008 Toyota moved all Tundra production to the Texas plant.[citation needed] All Tundra engines and transmissions are built in the United States.[citation needed] As sales fell in 2008, production of Tundra at San Antonio stopped for three months.[6]

Don't forget the private jets they have to pay for!

The owners pay their employees less, provide little or no benefits, and put more money in their pockets.

That is not an accurate statement at all...there are some great companies out there that pay above union scale, provide better benefits and have happier and safer employees!

Last edited:
That is not an accurate statement at all...there are some great companies out there that pay above union scale, provide better benefits and have happier and safer employees!

It's as accurate as my 17 years of personal experience gets. I've worked 11 years non-union and 6 years union.

Maybe I mis-remebered like Roger Clemens.

It definitely was a lot easier back in the day to know where your product was made. Nowadays it just requires some additional effort to research it and find out. Some people are willing to do this, some aren't. I have made a more conscious effort lately to try and buy more american made products. But you can't always do this with everything I know.

Devon Deer-Are you sure your Toyota Tundra was made in Japan? From what I understand most of them are made in the United States.
Japanese company, but mine was actually made in ................South Africa!
30 mpg, yes it does, mind you it is a 2.5l Diesel.
Cheers
Richard

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back