Lots of nice bucks falling..

Pat, Wow again on that one! It's got a super-cool shape to the horn with those wild prongs.

The weather on the opener was chilly, but had it been warmer, it would have been really greasy. I slept outside in a tent and actually kept warm the night before season. It didn't start snowing where I hunted until about sundown and then.. only a little bit. I went to SD last weekend for a vacation with the kids and a little hunting - had a great time - weather was perfect.

Thanks Kurt, You got me on the antelope but we'll have to see what happens with the elk......grin!

We've had almost 2" or rain here the past few days so getting around in the breaks is going to be a challenge at best. Should keep the road hunters in town!!

I'm sure the elk your tag is tied onto this year will be a tremendous one. I'm not so confident in anything other than having a fun time looking around.

Check out my SD monster buck. I think it's 12 inches. :D Great hunting trip though.

Last edited:
Familyantelope2009045.jpg

Damn bro...we were doing the same thing!! Nothing better than having the family all together chasing antelope!! Our little guys pose with their mom's doe.

Familyantelope2009030.jpg

Logan, 7 years old getting into it......I remember those days, following my dad around with knife in hand waiting to turn 12 so I could shoot!!

Very cool Pat. Those boys are in for more good times than one could ever imagine.

Congrats on a very cool buck.

Hope you find that bull you are looking for.

Enjoyed the time together with Vaughn and the other guys. Wish we could have made the camera deal work the last evening you were there.

Randy,

Thanks! It's all good...no such thing as being on a bad sheep hunt...been on enough tough unlimited ram hunts without ever getting an eye on one and they were still great hunts.

It was hard to go antelope hunting after chasing those breaks rams around for two days.

BTW,I've got pics of that 8X8 bull....I'll be in touch!

Those last few pics with the kids in them were the best lopes you guys got this year... You know why.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back