Lost my buddy this morning.

Always so dang tough. Sorry to hear this but glad that little pup found your family and had such and awesome life!

The Bible says that heaven is paradise. I can't imagine that our dogs are not at the gates waiting for us.

Many of us have been through this very sad happening. It does not take the tears away, it does not mend the heart, but the support of fellow survivors, can supply a warm shoulder ! Am so very glad you had those wonderful years with her.

14 years ago my Grandad found a scrawny, starving, 6 week old puppy in the brush pile beside his house. When we came for a visit the next week, my son (8 years old at the time) fell in love with her. My Grandad looked me in the eye and said matter-of-factly, "A boy oughta have a dog." We brought her home with us.

Best damn dog I could have ever imagined. Obedient. Loving. Forgiving. Fun. My son spent so many days exploring the woods with her by his side. She was such a huge part of our family. Went everywhere with us. Was my hiking buddy, riding around in the truck buddy, hanging out buddy.

She died this morning as soon as my wife and I came downstairs. Feeling blessed that she lived a good life and was happy and healthy for her age right up to the very end. This was a tough one. Loved that dog.

Mystic
View attachment 178095

View attachment 178096

View attachment 178097

View attachment 178098
The unconditional love given by our canine companions is amazing.
What is sad is that we, as humans, meet and fall in love with a canine, with the knowledge that they will (normally) part from us, leaving a hole in our heart.
We (most of us never learn!) then go out and seek the next companion.

Be glad that you gave a poor, lost soul, 14 years of love, joy and care. They will forever be grateful

Otto

So sorry to hear this. We lost ours last year and it still hurts. My wife made a little memorial thing for him with his puppy collar and his last one in a box frame nearby where his food and water dish sat. It's been really nice to look at and just remember the good times.

Thanks for all of the kind and understanding words everybody. I appreciate being able to share it here with folks that understand and care.

I keep thinking I am through it and all good then see something black out of the corner of my eye and expect it to be her, walk into the living room and automatically look right towards her dog bed like thousands of times before, seeing her leash on the front porch, bag of dog food in the pantry, and on and on, and then it hits me again. SOB.

Just keep reminding myself how good we all had it. Couldn’t have asked for more!

313A8CF8-2D76-4F50-803D-C3F898802211.jpeg

D7531EF1-55B7-4B13-9032-F0ECBADF7F14.jpeg

E2FE9A29-FDBF-4588-86FE-5C309A2FB021.jpeg

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

I lost my 14 year old lab a week ago today so your post got me teared up again. Just tonight I got up to give her a treat out of habit and she wasn't there anymore. It sucks, man. Good luck and don't be afraid to feel sad.

Sorry to hear this. I know the feeling brother. Hang in there. Thanks for sharing she looked like a great dog.

Back