Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Lost my buddy this morning.

blueridge

14 years ago my Grandad found a scrawny, starving, 6 week old puppy in the brush pile beside his house. When we came for a visit the next week, my son (8 years old at the time) fell in love with her. My Grandad looked me in the eye and said matter-of-factly, "A boy oughta have a dog." We brought her home with us.

Best damn dog I could have ever imagined. Obedient. Loving. Forgiving. Fun. My son spent so many days exploring the woods with her by his side. She was such a huge part of our family. Went everywhere with us. Was my hiking buddy, riding around in the truck buddy, hanging out buddy.

She died this morning as soon as my wife and I came downstairs. Feeling blessed that she lived a good life and was happy and healthy for her age right up to the very end. This was a tough one. Loved that dog.

Mystic
IMG-7133.JPG

IMG-7398.JPG

IMG-7403.JPG

IMG-7132.JPG

Last edited:
Damn. Sorry for your loss
14 years is a great run. Lots of great memories to hold onto.
hang in there it’ll be a rough for awhile

I have a 23 yr old cat and a couple “old for their age” dogs. I am sorry for your loss and hope your new pets bring some happiness.

Ahhhh, so sorry. Been there, done that. We have a 14 year old too thats my wife's baby. I'm surprised every day that shes still here.... You'll see her again in Heaven....

Very sorry to hear it, sad for you and your family. Your post reminds of my own dog losses. I always hoped that what I lost when each dog passed went to a person and dog who needed it and had been waiting for it to enrich their lives. Condolences for you loss.

Sorry to hear, when we were kids many of our dofs were ones someone dropped off on our gravel road.never understood that, still dont. They made some of the best dogs.

14 years ago my Grandad found a scrawny, starving, 6 week old puppy in the brush pile beside his house. When we came for a visit the next week, my son (8 years old at the time) fell in love with her. My Grandad looked me in the eye and said matter-of-factly, "A boy oughta have a dog." We brought her home with us.

Best damn dog I could have ever imagined. Obedient. Loving. Forgiving. Fun. My son spent so many days exploring the woods with her by his side. She was such a huge part of our family. Went everywhere with us. Was my hiking buddy, helping me every year get in shape for elk season.

She died this morning as soon as my wife and I came downstairs. Feeling blessed that she lived a good life and was happy and healthy for her age right up to the very end. This was a tough one. Loved that dog.

Mystic
View attachment 178095

View attachment 178096

View attachment 178097

View attachment 178098
Never easy losing fur babies!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back